Re: Welcome (Read 537336 times)
OddSocks

Australian Politics

Bendigo
Re: Welcome
Reply #855 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:13pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
OddSocks wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
Hello.  I thought this was the Welcome thread where new Members could introduce themselves?

Anyway, I am Odd Socks and I am from Bendigo. I am a Member of a couple of other Forums but this one seems to be busier, so thought I would join up.

Hello, Odd Socks.  Welcome.  What other Forums are you a Member of?

I am/was a Member of several Forums, not all are Political. One Political one was the Little Ozzie Bloke one but that seems to have disappeared. Another one was another Politics Forum and somebody called "Borg" was the Admin. These Forums are fairly few and far between these days but back in the 90's they were very popular.

I am not a very political person and certainly did not vote for our local MP but retirement is a time when one can sit and chat about all sorts of stuff, rather than be glued to the Box. 

Thanks for your interest, "Aussie". 

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #856 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:25pm

Quote:
One Political one was the Little Ozzie Bloke one but that seems to have disappeared.

Really!  That was started and run by Phil and his Wife.  I took it over from them.....years ago.....and you don't know me?

IP Logged

OddSocks

Australian Politics

Bendigo
Reply #857 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:36pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
Quote:
One Political one was the Little Ozzie Bloke one but that seems to have disappeared.

Really!  That was started and run by Phil and his Wife.  I took it over from them.....years ago.....and you don't know me?

Well, it was a long time ago that I joined that Forum. I didn't know that the owner had left or passed on the Forum to somebody else.  Lots of people call themselves "Aussie" on Forums, which is understandable since we live in Australia.

I used to be a Member of Debate Relate (I think that was the name) that also disappeared, or was taken over by somebody else.

There were a few other Political Forums around but, like I said, I am not really as political person, just join to chit chat with people to waste some time and maybe make some online pals.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #858 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:39pm

OddSocks wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:36pm:
Quote:

Well, it was a long time ago that I joined that Forum. I didn't know that the owner had left or passed on the Forum to somebody else.  Lots of people call themselves "Aussie" on Forums, which is understandable since we live in Australia.

I used to be a Member of Debate Relate (I think that was the name) that also disappeared, or was taken over by somebody else.

There were a few other Political Forums around but, like I said, I am not really as political person, just join to chit chat with people to waste some time and maybe make some online pals.

Tell me "OddSocks,"  did you register using a proxy?  I hope you did for security reasons.  We have had some nasty buggers here at OzPol you know.

We used to have a Member here who often made the same observation that the username 'Aussie' is used on other Forums, and you are quite right, and so was she.  That was Neferti.  She has her own Forum now, and even there made that very point only a day or so ago. 

She also never recently voted for her local (hers was Liberal) Member of Parliament.  Was yours a Lib as well?

She also posted at about the exact time of day you have today.  Remarkable.  Do you know her at all?

IP Logged

OddSocks

Australian Politics

Bendigo
Reply #859 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:18pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
Quote:

Tell me "OddSocks,"  did you register using a proxy?  I hope you did for security reasons.  We have had some nasty buggers here at OzPol you know.

We used to have a Member here who often made the same observation that the username 'Aussie' is used on other Forums, and you are quite right, and so was she.  That was Neferti.  She has her own Forum now, and even there made that very point only a day or so ago. 

She also never recently voted for her local (hers was Liberal) Member of Parliament.  Was yours a Lib as well?

She also posted at about the exact time of day you have today.  Remarkable.  Do you know her at all?

Do you think you own the "Aussie" moniker? Lots of Australians use it.

Bendigo is an ALP Electorate. The MP is Lisa Chesters.

Anyway, this is purportedly the WELCOME thread, not somewhere you cross examine new Members.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #860 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:30pm

OddSocks wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
Quote:

Anyway, this is purportedly the WELCOME thread, not somewhere you cross examine new Members.

Cheers!

I always just buy black socks and then they don't look odd, a good tip. I would buy white but only poofs wear them.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #861 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:46pm

OddSocks wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
Quote:

Cheers!

New member, my arse.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #862 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:53pm

Bloke went through the Bendigo Court today for tossing something through a window.  What was it?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #863 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
Bloke went through the Bendigo Court today for tossing something through a window.  What was it?

Stop picking on odd sox, how would you like it you bully.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #864 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:30pm

Quote:

How interesting. What's the address?

With the advice you have freely offered FD on how to best manage his forums and your thoughts on its membership, I would like to visit your forum, which no doubt, as an example of your management and enlightened moderation is flourishing.  Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #865 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:35pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:53pm:

Stop picking on odd sox, how would you like it you bully.

I am not 'picking on' OldSocks at all.  Do you really believe they are a new Member?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #866 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:54pm

Aussie interrogates every new member as he thinks it's one of his enemies from the past. It suggests he either has a lot of enemies  (wonder why) ot he's paranoid.  I'd suggest both.

YUCK

IBI

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #867 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:01pm

cods wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:57pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:55pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
Who was the 'crook' you were referring to Mr Neck?

Can't have been me....so....who?

I think most on here can work out who I was referring to Aussie!

Especially as they know the ones with a dubious record!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

make sure you use words like

alleged .. and without prejudice...... red... Wink Wink

alleged is a beauty- cant pin nothing on you then- wow now he is badgering odd socks the way he was badgering Mary Black the  other night lol- poor ususpecting Mary they get to know the forum inmate early on- its for the best I s'pose  Wink

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #868 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:07pm

Tell me Agnes....the Master Puppeteer.....(would you like me to list your socks...Myrtle et al)....do you reckon Mary and OldSocks are genuine new Members?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #869 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:09pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:07pm:
Tell me Agnes....the Master Puppeteer.....(would you like me to list your socks...Myrtle et al)....do you reckon Mary and OldSocks are genuine new Members?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You were saying Fred Nurk et al- it matters not !

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 82
Send Topic Print