Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Re: Welcome
Reply #720 - May 23rd, 2016 at 8:42pm

Aussie wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:36pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:34pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:28pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:24pm:
My team - We played as Wales & The West (given there was me - Bristol, a guy from Cardiff and a guy from Cornwall) - came 2nd.

We lost to Dorset (three blokes from Bournemouth).

It was shameful though. A guy played off 27 in the Dorset team and at the turn on day 2, he was +3 for the entire course!!!!!!!!!!
Dodgy handicapping there.

I played ok but I regard the weekend as a success in that I never lost my wallet, phone or watch.
All of which I have lost on prior trips...

It was played in Stratford upon Avon, which is beautiful this time of year. Superb golf course and hotel too. An old English manor house.

Oooh sounds awesome. All places I'd love to visit...along with Devon  Smiley

http://www.golfbreaks.com/the-welcombe

This was the venue.

I did ok. Carded 80 and 82 - which +10 and +12 respectively.
That's also with planting my ball slap bang in the middle of the lake on the 17th.

Isn't your handicap 5?  You should have been 75 and 77.

I was given 5.
Being a 5 handicapper and being given it by a handicap committee resembling the North Korea politburo are quite different.

I requested 8. Given I played to 10, it suggests I was correct.

The additional 2 shots the next day may have been directly related to my Friday night out in Stratford to 3am babbling some nonsense about Shakespeare to them and this is a lovely town etc....

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #721 - May 23rd, 2016 at 8:42pm

My team - We played as Wales & The West (given there was me - Bristol, a guy from Cardiff and a guy from Cornwall) - came 2nd.

It was shameful though. A guy played off 27 in the Dorset team and at the turn on day 2, he was +3 for the entire course!!!!!!!!!!

I played ok but I regard the weekend as a success in that I never lost my wallet, phone or watch.

It was played in Stratford upon Avon, which is beautiful this time of year. Superb golf course and hotel too. An old English manor house.

This was the venue.

That's also with planting my ball slap bang in the middle of the lake on the 17th.

Nice.

We've so got to get over there.

Thanks for sharing Andrei  Smiley

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #722 - May 23rd, 2016 at 8:43pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:36pm:
Aussie wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:30pm:

Always check for testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch.........and phone.

I would have decked the prick who got away with a 27 handicap and played to a handicap of 3.  Not dodgy.....dishonest, but I guess that's the corporate world right there.

Funnily enough he is the least corporate world guy there.
When getting ready on the Saturday he pointed out this is about the only night of the year he puts a tie on - unless going to a wedding....

He had an interesting story going around the course that his company (he is self employed) had the job the other year of lighting the crown jewels for an occasion.
I asked if he had touched them and its apparently illegal for anyone other than the official crown jeweller or the Monarch herself to touch them?

Learn something every day on a golf course convo....

Everyone bullshits and sledges on the golf course, even among my regular group of 20 + years, we still crap on.  It's part of the game and it would bore the sheet out of me if it did not happen.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #723 - May 23rd, 2016 at 8:45pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:42pm:

This was the venue.

Nice.

We've so got to get over there.

Thanks for sharing Andrei  Smiley

The 2nd photo on there has the lake which has my Titleist Velocity ball in it....
3 off the tee always a nice start....

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #724 - May 23rd, 2016 at 8:51pm

Aussie wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:43pm:

I would have decked the prick who got away with a 27 handicap and played to a handicap of 3.  Not dodgy.....dishonest, but I guess that's the corporate world right there.

When getting ready on the Saturday he pointed out this is about the only night of the year he puts a tie on - unless going to a wedding....

He had an interesting story going around the course that his company (he is self employed) had the job the other year of lighting the crown jewels for an occasion.
I asked if he had touched them and its apparently illegal for anyone other than the official crown jeweller or the Monarch herself to touch them?

Everyone bullshits and sledges on the golf course, even among my regular group of 20 + years, we still crap on.  It's part of the game and it would bore the sheet out of me if it did not happen.

One guy playing for Team Scotland is notorious susceptible to it.
Very very good player but a relatively easy putt and any comment of "Oooh this looks quite hard mate, you wouldn't want to miss this though" and he will invariably miss.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #725 - May 23rd, 2016 at 9:01pm

Everyone bullshits and sledges on the golf course, even among my regular group of 20 + years, we still crap on. 

You crap on the golf course,  do you at least scoop it up? Are we talking Delhi or Sunshine Coast?

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #726 - May 23rd, 2016 at 9:11pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:51pm:

One guy playing for Team Scotland is notorious susceptible to it.
Very very good player but a relatively easy putt and any comment of "Oooh this looks quite hard mate, you wouldn't want to miss this though" and he will invariably miss.

Two of my regular group played the fourball matchplay Final on Saturday.  They were playing off 6 and 8.  Their opponents were 0 and 13.

The 0 guy is a + 1 handicapper.  Belts the ball a mile, and his second, approach shot was always right on the money.

The bastard drove the green on the 19th, a par 4.  One of my mates, the guy on 8 was stuffed.  The other mate on 6, was off the green in the short mown rough, about 20 feet.....for 3.

It was all over in my head.  (Yeas, I was following them around as they are my mates.)

Bloke on the green putts.  Leaves it about three feet passed the hole but it is a down hill slider.  My mate, the bloke off the green, pulls one out of his arse, and holes it.  He putted it.

So, dude has a short slider to win the Champs.  My mates express their disappointment out loud and vocally, but I knew what the pricks were up to.

Dude misses the putt, and off they go to the 20th which my mates win.

'Drive for show, putt for dough.'

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #727 - May 25th, 2016 at 10:47pm

I'm going to the tennis tonight at Roland Garros.
I'm at a loose end on my own so thought why not.

€12.
Puts Wimbledon and the Aussie Open prices to shame.

IP Logged

Dré Ferguson

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #728 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 1:22am

Hello, everybody.
My name is Dré, and I'm 15. I know I'm a little young, but I came here because I want to see change in the backwards nation that is Australia. I want to further develop my own political views, which I see as a little idealistic for even my own tastes, and open my mind up to other views. It's a pleasure to have found a place like this where I can share my beliefs with (hopefully Smiley) like-minded people.

The strangest Social Democrat to grace the Earth. Feel free to set me straight.
Dré Ferguson  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #729 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 1:44am

many blessings , and

welcome dre !

namaste

- : ) =

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #730 - Nov 27th, 2016 at 6:53pm

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Fred_Frog

Australian Politics

Reply #731 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 2:50pm

I suppose I could say Hello! too.

Frog.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #732 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 2:52pm

Fred_Frog wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
I suppose I could say Hello! too.

Frog.

Welcome Fred, most on here are tolerable, I home you enjoy!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #733 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 4:10pm

Dré Ferguson wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 1:22am:
Hello, everybody.
My name is Dré, and I'm 15. I know I'm a little young, but I came here because I want to see change in the backwards nation that is Australia. I want to further develop my own political views, which I see as a little idealistic for even my own tastes, and open my mind up to other views. It's a pleasure to have found a place like this where I can share my beliefs with (hopefully Smiley) like-minded people.

Welcome, Dre.

What Change would you like to see happen and what is it about Australia that you see as "backward"?

Cheers,
Nicole

Ps welcome frog too  Smiley

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #734 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:02pm

blat.. 67 going on sixteen.... don't expect maturity here.... we have all kinds.. both country and western and everything else... the blind, the halt, the lame, the insane, the outrageously rabid....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 82
Send Topic Print