Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Coronavirus >> Government turns back on COVID vax.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1787167680

Message started by aquascoot on Aug 20th, 2026 at 5:28am

Title: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by aquascoot on Aug 20th, 2026 at 5:28am
I imagine they have more data on its uselessness.

From October 1 it will only be available to the under 65 on private script.
Government won't pay for it like they do for the fluvax tetanus vac and other vaccines that do work.


Older junkies like carl will still get their hit though.
One would think the government know how deep their anxiety runs  :-[

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Jasin on Aug 20th, 2026 at 7:35am
;D

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by aquascoot on Aug 20th, 2026 at 8:31am
I think they can feel a class action approaching.

Similar to the 28 children given gender altering hormones in south Australia.  The youngest being 11.
None received any psych review prior to public hospitals starting treatment  ( despite this being mandated)

Oops  :-[

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Carl D on Aug 20th, 2026 at 8:43am
[quote author=aquascoot link=1787167680/0#0 date=1787167680]I imagine they have more data on its uselessness.

From October 1 it will only be available to the under 65 on private script.
Government won't pay for it like they do for the fluvax tetanus vac and other vaccines that do work.


Older junkies like carl will still get their hit though.
One would think the government know how deep their anxiety runs  :-[/quote]

Have you (sort of) recovered from the Covid that you caught on the flight back from China a couple of months back despite me trying to warn you that planes are (and always have been) flying petri tubes and you should wear a mask when flying and in airports?

Your posting history since then suggests you probably haven't.  :-/

Mind you, it's difficult to tell because your posts over the years have always been on the stupid side probably due to the effects of spraying yourself with Roundup which you were always proudly telling us about (you idiot).

The only noticeable difference is you're not posting as much these days (thank heavens for small mercies). I blame your Covid infection and the probable lung, heart and brain damage it has caused (hard to tell with the brain damage part after reading your posts, of course).

If it isn't Covid then perhaps Donald Trump's illegal Iran war is causing a downturn in your business of selling $2 bags of horse manure and you're upset about that?  ;D

And, I really think that vaccination is essential for a virus that is still about 4 times more deadly than the flu.

You're welcome. As always.  :)


Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Carl D on Aug 20th, 2026 at 8:49am
[quote author=aquascoot link=1787167680/2#2 date=1787178667]I think they can feel a class action approaching.

Similar to the 28 children given gender altering hormones in south Australia.  The youngest being 11.
None received any psych review prior to public hospitals starting treatment  ( despite this being mandated)

Oops  :-[/quote]

I'm still waiting for the class action against the Federal and State governments by the families of the approximately 30,000 dead people (including about 8,000 in aged care) caused by their 'let it rip' decision made regarding Covid 4 years ago when it became obvious that SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) wasn't going to 'fizzle out' like the original SARS did 20 years ago.

Sacrificed on the altar of their precious economy, of course.

Disgraceful stuff.

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by aquascoot on Aug 20th, 2026 at 10:51am

Carl D wrote on Aug 20th, 2026 at 8:49am:
[quote author=aquascoot link=1787167680/2#2 date=1787178667]I think they can feel a class action approaching.

Similar to the 28 children given gender altering hormones in south Australia.  The youngest being 11.
None received any psych review prior to public hospitals starting treatment  ( despite this being mandated)

Oops  :-[/quote]

I'm still waiting for the class action against the Federal and State governments by the families of the approximately 30,000 dead people (including about 8,000 in aged care) caused by their 'let it rip' decision made regarding Covid 4 years ago when it became obvious that SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) wasn't going to 'fizzle out' like the original SARS did 20 years ago.

Sacrificed on the altar of their precious economy, of course.

Disgraceful stuff.


No such class action will be coming.
However, since this vaccine appears useless ( hence the government's refusal to back it) , there probably will be classactions by people who lost their jobs or were injured by the vaccine.

As for my covid experience.
2 Kleenex tissues and that was it.
Wife got tested at work and was positive but as they no longer give covid leave and she was fine. She was allowed to continue working.
Interesting public hospitals now tell nurses to come to work of they feel OK rather then leave the ward short staffed.
Shows how scared they are of this very mild cold like illness  ;D

I only tested for curiosity. I have had mosquito bites that lasted longer in terms of the trivial side effects.

Only the very frail and weak would be affected by this mutated weak virus.

Are you frail Carl?

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Carl D on Aug 20th, 2026 at 10:56am
I doubt that I will be around to see it but hopefully when the minutes of these Secret Squirrel National Cabinet meetings are released many years from now we will finally find out who said what regarding the decision to let Covid rip and, more importantly, who gave the pollies their 'orders' to do it and then take a 'vow of silence' regarding Covid because, as we all know, the pollies are just puppets with big business pulling their strings.

Of course, none of the guilty people will probably be around by then (hopefully some would have been taken out by Covid) but it would be nice to finally learn the truth.

And, speaking of National Cabinet - why hasn't it been abolished by Anthony Albanese by now? It was set up specifically by Scott Morrison to deal with the Covid pandemic and since the pandemic is supposed to be over and Covid is supposed to be 'just a cold' there should be no reason for these National Cabinet meetings to continue.

Oh, I know - it allows the pollies to take taxpayer funded 'holidays', travelling to each State and Territory in turn so they can get together and talk sh!t. I wonder if the travel rort queen herself, Anika Wells, attends every one of these meetings?

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by aquascoot on Aug 20th, 2026 at 11:59am

Carl D wrote on Aug 20th, 2026 at 10:56am:
I doubt that I will be around to see it but hopefully when the minutes of these Secret Squirrel National Cabinet meetings are released many years from now we will finally find out who said what regarding the decision to let Covid rip and, more importantly, who gave the pollies their 'orders' to do it and then take a 'vow of silence' regarding Covid because, as we all know, the pollies are just puppets with big business pulling their strings.

Of course, none of the guilty people will probably be around by then (hopefully some would have been taken out by Covid) but it would be nice to finally learn the truth.

And, speaking of National Cabinet - why hasn't it been abolished by Anthony Albanese by now? It was set up specifically by Scott Morrison to deal with the Covid pandemic and since the pandemic is supposed to be over and Covid is supposed to be 'just a cold' there should be no reason for these National Cabinet meetings to continue.

Oh, I know - it allows the pollies to take taxpayer funded 'holidays', travelling to each State and Territory in turn so they can get together and talk sh!t. I wonder if the travel rort queen herself, Anika Wells, attends every one of these meetings?




Big business pulling their strings?


You are referring to pfizer I see ::)

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Carl D on Aug 20th, 2026 at 1:23pm
No, I am not referring to Pfizer.

And you know it.

Pfizer have been responsible for saving millions of lives with their vaccines. Same as the other vaccine manufacturers.

What I am referring to is the likes of airline CEO's who seemed like they'd prefer to be the 'go to' people for medical "advice" during pandemics.

Especially that little prick Alan Joyce who was trying his hardest to bankrupt Qantas (while lining his own pockets) before he resigned a few years back and Carla Jayne "some people may die" (but not her or any of her family, of course) Hrdlicka, (now former) Virgin CEO.

I bet she wished that story could be erased from existence but more than likely she couldn't care less - now or then.

Disgraceful stuff, as always.

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by aquascoot on Aug 20th, 2026 at 7:03pm
Airlines bring people together.
Allow families to reunite.
Allow the human spirit to flourish by using their spirit of adventure.


Many people resent the scaredy cat anxious timid mode of being.
Surviving , not thriving.
What an ugly way to live.

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Carl D on Aug 21st, 2026 at 10:57am
Yes.

And airlines also spread disease around the world 24/7/365. With no attempts made to do anything about it. The quest for endless profit continues with not a care in the world about how many people get sick or die as a result.

I saw a story last year saying that 72% of Australians get sick when travelling overseas these days, and most of them bring their sickness (flu, Covid, measles and very soon, Ebola) back with them to spread throughout the Australian population.

As I've said many times - it's about time governments (including our own) grew a spine and started taxing the airlines to help cover the cost of all the sickness and death that they cause. Naturally, the airlines would pass the cost on to their customers but that's OK if the end justifies the means. If people can afford to keep flying these days then they can afford to pay a bit more for their fares.

Needless to say, this will never happen. As I said, governments (especially our own) would need to grow a spine first. And, I'm sure the pollies wouldn't want to upset the airlines because they might lose their Chairmans Lounge memberships, free flights and all the other 'perks' that they probably get for letting the airlines and airports do whatever they like.

As for all the pollution and noise the airlines cause - don't get me started on that.

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Carl D on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:16pm
Oh, and I hear there were a couple of near misses at Sydney Airport just recently.

Being blamed on a shortage of air traffic controllers. Probably the same all over Australia.

Is there a shortage because of retirements/resignations and they are not getting enough replacements or is it because a lot of them are off sick all the time with the flu and Covid?

I know I won't be stepping on a plane while there's the distinct possibility the pilots and the people in air traffic control are affected by Covid brain fog damage.

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by greggerypeccary on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:50pm

Carl D wrote on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:16pm:
Oh, and I hear there were a couple of near misses at Sydney Airport just recently.

Being blamed on a shortage of air traffic controllers.


Maybe they'll start hiring video gamers as air traffic controllers, like they're doing in the US.

True story.


Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by UnSubRocky on Aug 22nd, 2026 at 12:49am

Carl D wrote on Aug 20th, 2026 at 8:49am:
[quote author=aquascoot link=1787167680/2#2 date=1787178667]I think they can feel a class action approaching.

Similar to the 28 children given gender altering hormones in south Australia.  The youngest being 11.
None received any psych review prior to public hospitals starting treatment  ( despite this being mandated)

Oops  :-[/quote]

I'm still waiting for the class action against the Federal and State governments by the families of the approximately 30,000 dead people (including about 8,000 in aged care) caused by their 'let it rip' decision made regarding Covid 4 years ago when it became obvious that SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) wasn't going to 'fizzle out' like the original SARS did 20 years ago.

Sacrificed on the altar of their precious economy, of course.

Disgraceful stuff.


I will be the person who thinks that we should have just let the disease make its way around the country. Let people develop their own immunity to covid and get it out of the way. If some aged care facilities noted an upswing in deaths, then that is they way it goes.

Most people that have had covid have recovered quite well. Some people would not have known if they have had covid. If I did have covid, I would probably describe it as a mild common cold.

Speaking of the common cold, I sat next to some lady at the cinema. She happened to be undergoing her common cold, as she blew her nose a number of times during the movie. I have not had a cold for a few years now. I would expect to be sick in the next week, and may have to take some time off work. I don't believe that I had that issue with covid.

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by Jasin on Aug 22nd, 2026 at 10:19am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:50pm:

Carl D wrote on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:16pm:
Oh, and I hear there were a couple of near misses at Sydney Airport just recently.

Being blamed on a shortage of air traffic controllers.


Maybe they'll start hiring video gamers as air traffic controllers, like they're doing in the US.

True story.


Don't laugh. Gamers are what are winning wars these days

Title: Re: Government turns back on COVID vax.
Post by UnSubRocky on Aug 22nd, 2026 at 12:38pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 22nd, 2026 at 10:19am:

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:50pm:

Carl D wrote on Aug 21st, 2026 at 5:16pm:
Oh, and I hear there were a couple of near misses at Sydney Airport just recently.

Being blamed on a shortage of air traffic controllers.


Maybe they'll start hiring video gamers as air traffic controllers, like they're doing in the US.

True story.


Don't laugh. Gamers are what are winning wars these days


Gamers don't usually have the real life experience to take a situation seriously. As far as I am concerned, I don't expect some guy on a keyboard to fly drones around a battle zone and be able to co-ordinate an attack plan on behalf of the soldier on the ground. He (the technician) might well be under the authority of a commander in the same room. But when it comes down to listening for the enemy, and knowing what to look for, does the technician know the feel, the smell, the sound of where to be and who to look for?

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.