| Australian Politics Forum | |
|
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Cats and Critters >> Microplastics and human reproduction http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1719353115 Message started by Jovial Monk on Jun 26th, 2024 at 8:05am |
|
|
Title: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 26th, 2024 at 8:05am Quote:
|
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 26th, 2024 at 8:07am
Pity we don’t have an Environment MRB. Well, not one in actual fact, it does have a nice thread on cute/funny animals, supposedly cute/funny animals. Not that that thread belongs in Environment.
|
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by UnSubRocky on Jun 27th, 2024 at 1:02am
I had a test for my sperm count about 15 years ago. The results came back that I had a low sperm count. And the sperm that were present were not healthy. Other than the poor quality of the water I was drinking -- which had me switching over to bottled water for drinking and cooking -- I found that my use of plastic bags to keep my vegetables (brocoli, cabbage, etc) has been affecting my testosterone levels. It was one of the reasons why I would put my vegetables into containers. The cabbage gets cut up and stored in those tupperwear containers I bought from Woolies. It stops the microplastics leaching into the vegetables.
|
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2024 at 6:41am
And NEVER microwave food in plastic!
I have peasoup in the freezer—in glass containers with plastic lids—no damage to the containers either—fill to an inch from the neck of the jar or 1.5" from the top in a straight sided jar. Need to be thick glass and the contents allowed to warm up slowly, in the fridge–no big temperature gradients in the glass walls! |
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by UnSubRocky on Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:15pm
I remember I would use and then reuse plastic water bottles. Over time, the bottles would break down. You can imagine I put on weight because of the stupidity of me reusing bottles. These days, they are a once use thing, like they are designed.
|
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2024 at 4:26pm
Off topic I know, BUT:
It is VERY, VERY unwise to reuse spring water bottles. The cleaning you need to do to reuse them is pretty extreme! Same goes for the permanent water bottle—clean them REALLy well! |
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by UnSubRocky on Jun 27th, 2024 at 6:24pm
Well, it is on topic, to be talking about reusing plastic bottles in a "microplastics and human reproduction" topic.
|
|
Title: Re: Microplastics and human reproduction Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2024 at 6:46pm
Yeah, I was indicating that the bottles needed to be sterile before re-use and that was a bit OT but important.
|
|
Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |