| Australian Politics Forum | |
|
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> Perth on the First of July. http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1530410846 Message started by Imrah on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:07pm |
|
|
Title: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:07pm
They don't make global warming like this very often, those sky people. 22 degrees on the first day of July. Time for the beach!
|
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by lee on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:15pm
Already? 11ºC here.
|
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:19pm
First of June is usually sunny in Perth, just like first of December it usually rains. The first of July is very rarely this warm and clear-skied as this, as far as I remember the last few decades.
Rainfall has been apparently the highest June in five years according to some report somewhere. This is like the icecream after a good month's hard rainfall. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by DonDeeHippy on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:31pm
Very warm day here in QLD as well, last night was almost hot ;) ;)
|
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:40pm DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:31pm:
That must be such a rare occurance, honourable comrade. A warm day in Queensland? That's worth sharing, my frucking oath, mate. How warm exactly is Mackay this afternoon if you're not on that DST yet? |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:50pm Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:40pm:
OKay, fair enough. Thanks for reducing the thread to a pointless level with the Queensland aspect. I am sure that localised global warming for a good outcome has no place in your party's agenda this month, so I apologise for mentioning that damned reality in a place like this. Queensland is the best thing that ever frucking happened to Perth! |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by DonDeeHippy on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:09pm Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:50pm:
Last week it was -4 where I live :D and further south than Perth I’m not really sure what u r getting mad at though ;) ;) ;) Maybe make a list of your demands on how u want ppl to respond in your posts :D |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:15pm DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Fair call, Don. I was sorry even before I ranted the second time. I wanted to celebrate the exceptional sunny clear weather in Perth today, which is why I made a specific point about Perth, itself. I am not the only member who saw the sky here this morning. Queensland is also occasionally known to enjoy good weather one day, and beautiful the next. Today was beautiful by Perth's July 1 standards, I was targetting Sandgropers, but I can understand now that the members here just want to argue anything, and don't care about reality. I am glad you had a nice day in some other place too. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by DonDeeHippy on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:39pm Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:15pm:
It ok I wasn’t starting a fight, we have had cold weather last few weeks and last few days been rainy too. Weather changed today and we went out to enjoy it. Excellent sunny day. :) |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:57pm Gonna piss down in Perth tomorrow, apparently. There's a 90% chance of getting 20 - 40 mm. Nice :) |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:28pm
Melbourne and Geelong both down to 2 degrees C tonight.
I feel like Scott of the Antarctic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Falcon_Scott |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:56am greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:57pm:
Indeed. I got the 2017-18 sheets washed and hung out in the sun yesterday, all fresh and ready for the 2019-20 fin' year. Solar Power! Try drying a week's laundry on a day like this one. I just did. This is the correct government policy for July in Perth today. Wind is good from the north this next couple of days ... full of icicles but still over 20 kts. Solar power is more efficacious technology than wind. I forecast clean, dry clobber for Wednesday. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am Bobby. wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:28pm:
Base camp too far away? |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Sir Spot of Borg on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:04am lee wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:15pm:
2C here - -4 or -5 in mornings Spot |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:46am
The good thing about the country versus the city is that when it rains in the country, it's over in ten minutes. Maybe it comes back in an hour or less, but it only lasts another ten minutes. There is still plenty of time in the country day to get things done without getting soaked.
In the city, when it rains, it rains all day. Must be to do with the population. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:44pm greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am:
No - having to make transport through ice as part of my daily job. Wow - there was thick frost everywhere this morning. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Carl D on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:52pm greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am:
A Russian sub beneath the Arctic Burke and Wills and camels Initials in the tree Well, I immediately got the "Australian Crawl - Reckless" reference. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmusqqnkj8 Really wet in Perth today, by the way. All wet weather till Saturday at this stage. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:54pm
^+1 She don' li-i-ike,
That kinda behaviour ... Written by Mr Paul Kelly. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:58pm Carl D wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:52pm:
Australian Crawl Lyrics "Reckless" Meet me down by the jetty landing Where the pontoons bump and spray I see the others reading, standing As the Manly Ferry cuts its way to Circular Quay Hear the captain blow his whistle So long she's been away I miss our early morning wrestle Not a very happy way to start the day She don't like that kind of behaviour [2x] So, throw down your guns Don't be so reckless Throw down your guns Don't be so Feel like Scott of the Antarctic Base camp too far away A Russian sub beneath the Arctic Burke and Wills and camels initials in the tree She don't like that kind of behaviour [2x] So, throw down your guns Don't be so reckless Throw down your guns Don't be so reckless She don't like that kind of behaviour [2x] So, throw down your guns Don't be so reckless Throw down your guns Don't be so reckless Throw down your guns Don't be so reckless |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 12:30am Bobby. wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:44pm:
Where ? ::) |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 4:49pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 12:30am:
Not quite frost this morning buy very cold. Outside Geelong which is only 66km in a straight line from the center of Melbourne. It's as though Antarctic air is blowing straight on Victoria. The media aren't reporting it. It's freezing nearly every morning. Cars are covered in thick ice. When you put water on to remove it - it immediately freezes again. Many mornings have had thick fog & Melbourne airport was closed due to fog on many mornings. Where is the global warming that Al Gore & Monk promised us? |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 5:05pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 4:49pm:
Haha! It was broadcast 'live' on Sunday, in Perth anyway. Great show that. I hope we get the repeats here in a week or two. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:29pm
Every morning -
I feel like Scott of the Antarctic winding my weary way to work in freezing conditions. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:30pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:29pm:
Base camp too far away? |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:33pm greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:30pm:
Yep A Russian sub beneath the Arctic Burke and Wills and camels Initials in the tree. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:34pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Don't be so reckless, Booby. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:40pm greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I am reckless to be advised by Al Gore & Monk. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:48pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:40pm:
Best throw down your guns. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Carl D on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:14pm
While reading, standing after coming back to this thread I see the rain has returned to Perth. Had a 5 minute shower here in Rivervale about 20 minutes ago. :)
Been pretty reasonable today - partly cloudy, windy and a bit cold but no rain since last night. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:16pm Carl D wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:14pm:
Expecting a lot of cold rain in Melbourne over the next week: http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:17pm Carl D wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:14pm:
Yep, just had a downpour over this side of Orrong Rd too. Storm heading in for the morning. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:32pm
Where is the global warming that Al Gore & Monk promised us?
|
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:37pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:32pm:
Seems that my reply has somehow gone missing since the last hour... |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:13pm
The way I see it, this is all about bullshite here. This forum is a lying forum, and things disappear with no warning. I like to do what works best in the social climate of the moment, so having observed this once again, I will follow suit. Goodbye and thanks for nothing.
|
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:15pm Imrah wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:13pm:
I have not deleted any posts. You're mistaken. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:27pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:15pm:
I was trying to make friends with you, Bobby. All I wrote was that we had the broadcast of Al Gore's movie plot here in Perth on Sunday, and I wrote it, I posted it, and I read it to make sure it was posted, then I read it again to be most definitely certain, most definately, y'unnerstand, liar? |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:29pm Imrah wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:27pm:
Don't blame me - it's not my fault. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKaQLYPf5hM |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:39pm
You see, Robert, this is not about what I write so much as you imagine I might think, and that scares you, because I am not placeble in any of your usual baskets. I do not support the 'liberal' aka marketable Turnbullesque conservative obsequious sellout to the ladies policy, nor am I some Bernardi fanatic either, so you think that should make me a frucking gay lefty, right?
No sir. You can't understand me because you can't imagine a life that does not fit inside the baskets of your usual cases. All you can think is that I must be some kind of basket case, so you call in the military. There is one thing I just worked out by watching the uncut version of Forrest Gump for the twentyt-sixth time is that military is a waste of taxpayers' money. We have nukes now, so all the death since 1945 is just collateral damage in the name of politics; lies. Now we have a war on truth. I would like to be a consciencious objector to this latest schoolyard game, but I've played this game before, and I don't think there will be any winners in the Darwinian sense of the word if this world gets its intelligence from a place like this. Lying is a signal to God that this planet needs a new boss in the food chain. That's all I have to say about that. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:50pm Imrah wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:39pm:
Don't call me a liar when I didn't delete any post. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Imrah on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:03pm Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:50pm:
I would never do that. To call you a liar is a very serious charge. You are the alleged moderator of this innocuous subforum, and so the responsibiity is yours, pretender. If you want me to believe that you did not delete that meaningless post I puiblished a few hours ago, then you tell me who did, but don't waste my frucking time. Who deleted my friendly post because they may or may not have liked what I wrote; that doesn't matter; but they did it not because of what I wrote but because they want me to die. I am a peaceful man, so if I can accommodate the yearnings of another, then that is the first choice of all my options. Dying on a web forum is not fatal. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Bobby on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:06pm Imrah wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:03pm:
I don't know - it could be a forum software glitch. It could have been a global mod who did it. Maybe you posted it in another thread? It wasn't me. Apologise for calling me a liar. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by lee on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:11pm Imrah wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:37pm:
This one? Imrah wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 5:05pm:
|
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by DonDeeHippy on Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:16am lee wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:11pm:
ohh Snap !!!!!! |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jul 4th, 2018 at 12:25pm DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:16am:
Some comments don't make it until a few more comments are posted.... he's not necessarily lying you know! :D |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by Carl D on Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:12am
Well, finally a fine day in Perth. Quite cold though.
Hey, Greg, do you get fed up with aircraft noise where you live in Vic Park? Had them going over in Rivervale nearly all day Wednesday from 10 in the morning until about 8 at night. They took a break yesterday (returned to the main runway which we can still hear but it is nowhere near as bad)) now they're back flying over us again this morning. We only get them when they use the shorter cross runway which they seem to like using on most Fridays for some reason and also during times when strong westerlies are blowing - like Wednesday. Well, the third runway project has my approval because it'll be built further away from Belmont/Rivervale to the east of the existing main runway then they might be able to shut down the cross runway (except for emergencies) which puts the planes right over us. Actually, I agree with a letter to our local paper a month or so back which said the entire Perth Airport should have been moved east of the Darling Range decades ago. |
|
Title: Re: Perth on the First of July. Post by greggerypeccary on Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:17am Carl D wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:12am:
Quite chilly: about 4 degrees this morning, when I was on my way to work. With the planes, they don't really bother me that much. I haven't noticed any lately. A while back, they were flying directly over my place on the weekends, when they were doing maintenance to the main runway. I haven't heard any for a few months now, though. I can imagine they'd get annoying if you had them overhead every day. |
|
Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |