Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Relationships >> Push for new GMod.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1525173140

Message started by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 9:12pm

Title: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 9:12pm
I agree there ought be at least one more.  Setanta is doing all the work.  Vic does not even read PMs.  Waste of time.  Sure....he moves Threads.  The others are never here.

So....another GMod please Effendi.

KSC.

1.  No affiliation with any faction or other Forum like the sewer and Monk's.

2.  No ban history.

3.  Attends OzPol regularly.

4.  No history of "aggression."

5.  Not a dyed in the wool leftie or rightie.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 1st, 2018 at 9:23pm
Halo supplied free with the job.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by greggerypeccary on May 1st, 2018 at 9:27pm

Aussie wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 9:12pm:
I agree there ought be at least one more.  Setanta is doing all the work.  Vic does not even read PMs.  Waste of time.  Sure....he moves Threads.  The others are never here.

So....another GMod please Effendi.

KSC.

1.  No affiliation with any faction or other Forum like the sewer and Monk's.

2.  No ban history.

3.  Attends OzPol regularly.

4.  No history of "aggression."

5.  Not a dyed in the wool leftie or rightie.


whiteknight?




Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 9:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 9:27pm:

Aussie wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 9:12pm:
I agree there ought be at least one more.  Setanta is doing all the work.  Vic does not even read PMs.  Waste of time.  Sure....he moves Threads.  The others are never here.

So....another GMod please Effendi.

KSC.

1.  No affiliation with any faction or other Forum like the sewer and Monk's.

2.  No ban history.

3.  Attends OzPol regularly.

4.  No history of "aggression."

5.  Not a dyed in the wool leftie or rightie.


whiteknight?


I am not wanting to put any name up.  But....we do need another one, at least, GMod.  Setanta is doing all the heavy lifting.  The others are just bludging in their free car park right beside the first tee.

I think I have set reasonable KSCs.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 1st, 2018 at 9:35pm
miketrees—except a definite righty but not an arsehole like most righties here. Always approachable.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 9:49pm

Quote:
So only people acceptable to Monk and Aussie need apply.


FD could not care less about anyone's opinion, let alone Monk's or mine.

I have set reasonable KSCs and have offered no nomination.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Agnes on May 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm
Mike Trees is a good choice- would have loved Bogey as a mod

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 1st, 2018 at 10:01pm
I think so. Dunno about computer skills but most people have some these days. Look at Aussie’s KSC’s:

1.  No affiliation with any faction or other Forum like the sewer and Monk's.

Not in my joint and I hope not in the sewer either


2.  No ban history.

I don’t remember mike being banned


3.  Attends OzPol regularly.

Yes


4.  No history of "aggression."

None


5.  Not a dyed in the wool leftie or rightie.

Righty but not a dimwit or aggressive like most righties here.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 10:02pm

Agnes wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Mike Trees is a good choice- would have loved Bogey as a mod


Fails # 3.

Appointee MUST meet them all.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by greggerypeccary on May 1st, 2018 at 10:04pm

Agnes wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Mike Trees is a good choice- would have loved Bogey as a mod


Bogey turned out to be a pussy.

Before he pulled the plug, I would have backed him.


Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 1st, 2018 at 10:05pm
Not here frequently enough for you?

Anybody that is here frequently has taken sides/has strong opinions about most here.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 10:16pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Not here frequently enough for you?

Anybody that is here frequently has taken sides/has strong opinions about most here.


I don't think so.  There are many I can think of...well....maybe not many, but there are some.  My position is two fold.

1.  Setanta needs a hand.  He is doing all the work.

2.  The KSCs I have set are reasonable.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Agnes on May 1st, 2018 at 10:32pm
We have enough mods here- Set and Vic do a good job- leave it be-

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 1st, 2018 at 10:36pm

Agnes wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 10:32pm:
We have enough mods here- Set and Vic do a good job- leave it be-


Many seem to disagree Agnes.  Setanta (a very reluctant bride) is copping 100% of the work load.  Vic does SFA.  Can't be arsed even to read PMs.

Setanta needs and has earned a break.  The KSCs are fair.

At least one more GMod is required.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jane Smith on May 2nd, 2018 at 12:38am
John Smith gets my vote! He is fair and loves a feisty debate.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by cods on May 2nd, 2018 at 6:50am
bring back andrei.. :) at least I presume he has left...

I dont see gandy do much either unless its protecting Islam....A.A. is definitely among the missing..... not a lot of point in being a gmod if you are never around....

good on set  at least we know he is alive and kicking...

maybe we should have a gmod whos soul allegiance is to ozpol and they do not belong to any other forum... :)

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 6:52am
That is what Aussie included in his KSCs.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by DonDeeHippy on May 2nd, 2018 at 6:57am
who would be the mythical person that's only in one forum ?
try a poll asking how many forums a person is in and if u get someone to answer 1 jump on them.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 7:28am
miketrees, karnal are two names that spring to mind.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Secret Wars on May 2nd, 2018 at 8:37am
What a surprise, discussion initiated about and by Aussie about tada...modding.  Grasping as always.

I have some criteria as well.

Must be very interested in being a mod. Unhealthily so.  (Might make one wonder why).

Must be present all the time, continually, racking up a huge post count helps.  Likes to mod and advise on other forums as well, member or not.  In fact, just to be a general busybody.

Likes shitfights to mod and if non available will start them. 

By those standards I nominate Aussie and Gregg.  They both want it, really badly, love shitfights and  always here.

Their motives for wanting to be mods are obviously of no concern and irrelevant, though I do have thoughts to night of the Long Knives.    8-)

Hail Aussie and Gregg, bless this forum and all who sail under their leadership ... and control.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 8:38am
Yet Aussie’s KSCs rule out Aussie and Greg. Funny that.

And it is Set who started it, whining about not wanting to be a GMod.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Observer on May 2nd, 2018 at 8:52am

Aussie wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 9:12pm:
I agree there ought be at least one more.

You agree with whom? There is no general agreement that there ought to be at least one more.


Quote:
Setanta is doing all the work.
 
An assumption not shared by Setanta, the other GMods, FD or anyone else here.


Quote:
Vic does not even read PMs.
 
Meaning he doesn't read yours, and probably only yours.

Quote:
Waste of time.

What is a waste of time?

Quote:
Sure....he moves Threads.
 
Yes, yes.

Quote:
The others are never here.

That is true. The ones who used to do your bidding when you dobbed have left. All of them. That is the crux of the issue.


Quote:
So....another GMod please Effendi.

Do you think FD is enamoured of the juvenile nickname you have created for him?


Quote:
KSC.

1.  No affiliation with any faction or other Forum like the sewer and Monk's.

2.  No ban history.

3.  Attends OzPol regularly.

4.  No history of "aggression."

5.  Not a dyed in the wool leftie or rightie.


6. A female ;)



Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Redmond Neck on May 2nd, 2018 at 8:54am

Secret Wars wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 8:37am:
What a surprise, discussion initiated about and by Aussie about tada...modding.  Grasping as always.

I have some criteria as well.

Must be very interested in being a mod. Unhealthily so.  (Might make one wonder why).

Must be present all the time, continually, racking up a huge post count helps.  Likes to mod and advise on other forums as well, member or not.  In fact, just to be a general busybody.

Likes shitfights to mod and if non available will start them. 

By those standards I nominate Aussie and Gregg.  They both want it, really badly, love shitfights and  always here.

Their motives for wanting to be mods are obviously of no concern and irrelevant, though I do have thoughts to night of the Long Knives.    8-)

Hail Aussie and Gregg, bless this forum and all who sail under their leadership ... and control.


Laugh of the day!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 9:45am
Maybe we should have an assistant Admin. The AA could appoint new MRB Mods, merge/split MRBs. If YABB allows it, an AA could be appointed just to the MRB section, say.

That way FD’s workload is reduced a bit, all MRB matters, PMs about MRBs could all be redirected to the AA.

Just a thought.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Secret Wars on May 2nd, 2018 at 9:55am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 9:45am:
That way FD’s workload is reduced a bit, all MRB matters, PMs about MRBs could all be redirected to the AA.

Just a thought.


What is the "workload"?  My feeling is you take away Aussies PM facility, the workload disappears.  8-)

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 10:09am
There are MRBs been without a Mod for years. Just as an example.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Observer on May 2nd, 2018 at 10:19am

Secret Wars wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 9:55am:
What is the "workload"?  My feeling is you take away Aussies PM facility, the workload disappears.  8-)


You are onto something.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 10:20am
Would, if FD read PMs.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am
Drug policy is no more.

Would have been less work to appoint a new Mod there.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Observer on May 2nd, 2018 at 11:08am
Aussie has sought to create a Debate & Relate style forum for many years, first at the original Political Animal and then failing at that, here at the Australian Politics Forum. He is still failing and will continue to fail in this endeavour, but his activity will also to continue to drive away the intelligent and creative.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am
It brought you here. Hmmm   :)

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 2nd, 2018 at 11:14am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am:
Drug policy is no more.

Would have been less work to appoint a new Mod there.


It looks like it took him no time at all.  All Threads moved at exactly the same time.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 2nd, 2018 at 11:16am

Observer wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 11:08am:
Aussie has sought to create a Debate & Relate style forum for many years, first at the original Political Animal and then failing at that, here at the Australian Politics Forum. He is still failing and will continue to fail in this endeavour, but his activity will also to continue to drive away the intelligent and creative.


So.....whose sock are you, or are you afraid to say?

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by cods on May 2nd, 2018 at 2:17pm
good to see our groupies at monks place  are reading the boards aussie   always bitching agnes has got herself a new thread  and I have claimed half a one  for the little old women over there to snigger.....she always whinging...  of course thats not what they are doing is it... whingeing about someone else..who happens to be a member of PA AND OZPOL....one of the few who can claim to have never been permanently banned for anywhere least of PA and ozpol.. ;D ;D ;D..

sheeeeze who gets banned forever from those forums???????/.....

mainly nasty people with B.A.

if your reading set.. this is why we/I dont want them back..... gutless wonders using their girlie gossip to down grade ozpol members.......

yeo I can be nasty    ITS CALLED PAYBACK LIKE THIS POST>>..

you picka on me!  expect me to picka on back... simple really I learnt that from you guys... :) :)

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 2nd, 2018 at 2:34pm

cods wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 2:17pm:
good to see our groupies at monks place  are reading the boards aussie   always bitching agnes has got herself a new thread  and I have claimed half a one  for the little old women over there to snigger.....she always whinging...  of course thats not what they are doing is it... whingeing about someone else..who happens to be a member of PA AND OZPOL....one of the few who can claim to have never been permanently banned for anywhere least of PA and ozpol.. ;D ;D ;D..

sheeeeze who gets banned forever from those forums???????/.....

mainly nasty people with B.A.

if your reading set.. this is why we/I dont want them back..... gutless wonders using their girlie gossip to down grade ozpol members.......

yeo I can be nasty    ITS CALLED PAYBACK LIKE THIS POST>>..

you picka on me!  expect me to picka on back... simple really I learnt that from you guys... :) :)


Nothing stopping you from posting in that Thread you are whingeing about, cods.

It is lunacy to suggest that Smith is evading a ban in such an obvious manner.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by cods on May 2nd, 2018 at 3:19pm

Aussie wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 2:34pm:

cods wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 2:17pm:
good to see our groupies at monks place  are reading the boards aussie   always bitching agnes has got herself a new thread  and I have claimed half a one  for the little old women over there to snigger.....she always whinging...  of course thats not what they are doing is it... whingeing about someone else..who happens to be a member of PA AND OZPOL....one of the few who can claim to have never been permanently banned for anywhere least of PA and ozpol.. ;D ;D ;D..

sheeeeze who gets banned forever from those forums???????/.....

mainly nasty people with B.A.

if your reading set.. this is why we/I dont want them back..... gutless wonders using their girlie gossip to down grade ozpol members.......

yeo I can be nasty    ITS CALLED PAYBACK LIKE THIS POST>>..

you picka on me!  expect me to picka on back... simple really I learnt that from you guys... :) :)


Nothing stopping you from posting in that Thread you are whingeing about, cods.

It is lunacy to suggest that Smith is evading a ban in such an obvious manner.



lunacy!! and who asked you sunshine?....you and monk do enough for the whole membership over there   I think you have about 2 who do not rely solely on ozpol and its membership for conversation... ::) ::)


even gweg only posts when hes banned from here to whinge about ozpol...tsk tsk maybe we shouldnt mention that as gweg can post here......

and with you to protect them over there! who needs to be able to post?.. :) :)

not whingeing dear pointing out facts.. :D

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 2nd, 2018 at 3:28pm

Quote:
I think you have about 2 who do not rely solely on ozpol and its membership for conversation....


You 'think' quite wrong.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by cods on May 2nd, 2018 at 3:46pm
oz   I know you are baiting me both here and on PM..

I am tired and I am over it   if you have any respect at all for other members here...mainly me.

do as I ask   I have asked you to shut up on PM  now I am asking the same thing here...

go talk to your mates   and tell them all about big bad cods... ::) ::)

case is closed oz...


Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Aussie on May 2nd, 2018 at 3:55pm
You ask me questions on PM......I assume because you want an answer, yes?

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Setanta on May 3rd, 2018 at 11:22pm
Issuevoter, Miketrees, Mantra and Raven.
Mantra and Raven are not here enough really.
I doubt any of the above would want the job but they would be my choices.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 3rd, 2018 at 11:59pm
Lousy choices.

What about Bojack Horseman? At least he has a brain and isn’t a misogynist!

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Setanta on May 4th, 2018 at 12:01am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 11:59pm:
Lousy choices.

What about Bojack Horseman? At least he has a brain and isn’t a misogynist!


I won't say your choice is lousy.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Jovial Monk on May 4th, 2018 at 12:02am
That’s because it isn’t?

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Sprintcyclist on May 4th, 2018 at 12:05am
Could you even imagine how many posts I would delete if I was a gm ??

can a gm delete whole threads ?
it'ld be easier.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Setanta on May 4th, 2018 at 12:15am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 12:02am:
That’s because it isn’t?


No, it isn't. I could add him to my list.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Setanta on May 4th, 2018 at 12:18am

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 12:05am:
Could you even imagine how many posts I would delete if I was a gm ??

can a gm delete whole threads ?
it'ld be easier.


A gm can delete the whole site like Monk deleted Fermentations, if he was a total dick. That's why it won't be by vote and someone FD is sure would not do that.

Edit: On the other hand he has backups and could restore previous to the damage done but for some reason he chose not to restore Fermentations.

Title: Re: Push for new GMod.
Post by Setanta on May 4th, 2018 at 1:34am
Auggie, I decided to do a search for you. Since you were not here at the time of my appointment, read these threads.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1469795340
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1466899831
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1470916527

Some of the threads around that time. There are probably more.

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.