Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> Split Topic
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1504235768

Message started by Vic on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:16pm

Title: Split Topic
Post by Vic on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:16pm
2. AGW is now more than obvious and we are on the threshold of a nine metre increase in sea level. Consequently attention should be focused on public policy in response to the threat of AGW and its consequences. The thread I started this morning really belongs in PolSux yet if I had started it there Aussie would have whinged like a five year old and the thread would be moved to environment. Can FD/GMods please update their thinking on this?

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Jovial Monk on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:21pm
Well, F UC K  ME !

A post asking for public policy considerations of AGW to be dicussed in PolSux gets moved—to Environment. I guess Vic has a brain but doesn’t like using it.

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Vic on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:37pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:21pm:
Well, F UC K  ME !

A post asking for public policy considerations of AGW to be dicussed in PolSux gets moved—to Environment. I guess Vic has a brain but doesn’t like using it.



It was actually split from feedback. 

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by lee on Sep 1st, 2017 at 4:31pm

Vic wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:16pm:
AGW is now more than obvious and we are on the threshold of a nine metre increase in sea level.



Based on what exactly?

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Aussie on Sep 1st, 2017 at 6:50pm

Vic wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:37pm:

Jovial Monk wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:21pm:
Well, F UC K  ME !

A post asking for public policy considerations of AGW to be dicussed in PolSux gets moved—to Environment. I guess Vic has a brain but doesn’t like using it.



It was actually split from feedback. 


This is what remains of the Post in Feedback:


Quote:
Suggestions of Monk
Today at 12:35pm Quote Modify
1. Yesterday and part of this morning OzPol was agonisingly slow, as in hours in updating a page on making a post or wanting to go to another board. Nothing to do with my internet, speedtest showed it was the normal 12:1, most other sites worked normally etc.

Split non Feedback Topic and moved to Environment


Be nice to have another couple thousand characters per post: I post and comment on various papers and reports and the 5500 limit is soon reached  Angry

If someone could copy this to Feeback that would be good.
Back to top      
« Last Edit: Today at 1:15pm by Vic »


You were saying, Vic?

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Aussie on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:17pm
Ah.  You said you did split it from Feedback.  I misread that.  Oops.

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Vic on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:33pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 6:50pm:

Vic wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:37pm:

Jovial Monk wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:21pm:
Well, F UC K  ME !

A post asking for public policy considerations of AGW to be dicussed in PolSux gets moved—to Environment. I guess Vic has a brain but doesn’t like using it.



It was actually split from feedback. 


This is what remains of the Post in Feedback:


Quote:
Suggestions of Monk
Today at 12:35pm Quote Modify
1. Yesterday and part of this morning OzPol was agonisingly slow, as in hours in updating a page on making a post or wanting to go to another board. Nothing to do with my internet, speedtest showed it was the normal 12:1, most other sites worked normally etc.

Split non Feedback Topic and moved to Environment


Be nice to have another couple thousand characters per post: I post and comment on various papers and reports and the 5500 limit is soon reached  Angry

If someone could copy this to Feeback that would be good.
Back to top      
« Last Edit: Today at 1:15pm by Vic »


You were saying, Vic?



Yes Aussie - I was saying.  Now, take some friendly advice and butt out of everyone elses' business.   

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Vic on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:36pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:17pm:
Ah.  You said you did split it from Feedback.  I misread that.  Oops.


Yes, that is precisely what I have done.   Feedback is for genuine enquiries regarding the Forum.    If you continue to post other people's postings into Feedback that do not contain such, I will lobby to have your access removed. 

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Aussie on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm
Why did you remove it from Feedback?

It was a valid question posed for um......feedback!

Is there anything which happens at OzPol which is not the business of the Members?

If so, perhaps it would be very helpful if you posted the guidelines in Feedback.

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Aussie on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:40pm

Vic wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:36pm:

Aussie wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:17pm:
Ah.  You said you did split it from Feedback.  I misread that.  Oops.


Yes, that is precisely what I have done.   Feedback is for genuine enquiries regarding the Forum.    If you continue to post other people's postings into Feedback that do not contain such, I will lobby to have your access removed. 


How is this not a genuine enquiry regarding the Forum, Vic?

Quote:
AGW is now more than obvious and we are on the threshold of a nine metre increase in sea level. Consequently attention should be focused on public policy in response to the threat of AGW and its consequences. The thread I started this morning really belongs in PolSux yet if I had started it there Aussie would have whinged like a five year old and the thread would be moved to environment. Can FD/GMods please update their thinking on this?


Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Vic on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:53pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm:
Why did you remove it from Feedback?

It was a valid question posed for um......feedback!

Is there anything which happens at OzPol which is not the business of the Members?

If so, perhaps it would be very helpful if you posted the guidelines in Feedback.



Did you even read it before you moved it?   Obviously not.  Para 2 had nothing to do with feedback, thats why the topic was split.   

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by Aussie on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:58pm
I disagree.  It had all to do with feedback sought by  Member.  Its status is quite clear to me and concluded with ~


Quote:
Can FD/GMods please update their thinking on this?


But, I do realise I am talking to the closed mind of a GMod so I am wasting my time.

Title: Re: Split Topic
Post by cods on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 8:29am

Aussie wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm:
Why did you remove it from Feedback?

It was a valid question posed for um......feedback!

Is there anything which happens at OzPol which is not the business of the Members?

If so, perhaps it would be very helpful if you posted the guidelines in Feedback.



  I have to agree with this comment...

as far as I am concerned   we all have a responsibility here..and if aussie was asked to make a comment on someones behalf in feedback......for fds attention    then it is up to fd to comment on if it is appropriate or not.............

I dont honestly believe fd takes the slightest bit of notice in feedback anyway...

but I dont think posts should be given selective attention.....by that I mean splitting them...its like havinga teacher marking your essay.. we are not 5 years old for gods sakes.....one or two people act imm ature... so what! does that mean we all get treated like we are immature......

a gmod is there to protect people and to stop the forum generating into a rathouse......but for goodness sakes.... this is bizarre to say the least....

if the rules are changing... then for crying out loud tell us.. >:( >:(

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.