| Australian Politics Forum | |
|
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> Clive James skewers the Alarmists. http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1496726119 Message started by Grendel on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:15pm |
|
|
Title: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:15pm
Any of you Alarmists read Clive Jame's article on Climate Change Alarmism?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I suggest you look and read the whole piece. :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Bojack Horseman on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:22pm
Didn't realise Clive James had gained relevant qualifications and experience while he was shagging Leanne Edelsten
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 6th, 2017 at 4:34pm Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
You mean like mathematician/climate modeller Gavin Schmidt? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by juliar on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:32am
Gosh the Greenies will go into hysterical panic.
The Greenies must wonder why everyone is having a go at them these days. As ye shall sow so shall ye reap. The Greenies will probably pioneer a NEGATIVE VOTE at the election!!!! And the bloke who wrote the Greenie Gaia rubbish book has admitted it is all bulldust. James Lovelock http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/23/article-2134092-12BBC4F8000005DC-702_306x492.jpg |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Bojack Horseman on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:33am lee wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 4:34pm:
Ummm no. I don't. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:24am Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:33am:
Yooo Hooo. You do show a lick of sense. No Real Climate blog for you. ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Sir lastnail on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:38am juliar wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:32am:
I don't care so long as I can enjoy my free renewable sunlight energy powering my rooftop and electrical appliances ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:41am Sir lastnail wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:38am:
Until it comes to replacing your not free PV panels. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Bojack Horseman on Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:00pm lee wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:24am:
No but perhaps you could point me to where Clive James has the same ability to comment on this? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 7th, 2017 at 8:11pm Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
The ability to comment is available to all. Including you and me. ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by The_Barnacle on Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:44pm
So a celebrity with no scientific background writes this opinion piece and the conservatives are falling over themselves to post it on this forum. First the Mechanic and now Grendel
Funnily enough when a celebrity supports AGW the same people are very dismissive. Talk about confirmation bias ;D ;D ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:02pm The_Barnacle wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:44pm:
Hey even you can comment. Why should he not be able to? You know all your posts that confirm your thoughts? Is that confirmation bias on your part or are your thoughts exempt? ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:06pm
Of course celebrities can comment. Of course if they have a bigger carbon footprint than some small nations it does ring hollow. ;D ;D ;D ;D
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:39pm lee wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:06pm:
What about companies? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 8th, 2017 at 2:40pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
What about companies? :-? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:59pm Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
Well he was well educated and is an intelligent man. He would crap all over any of our politicians and can tell truth from a lie. He uses facts in his article and FACTs are important in this debate they are seldom used and usually denied by the Prog left and Alarmists. So if you want to shoot messengers I suggest you shoot those misleading you. :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Bojack Horseman on Jun 9th, 2017 at 10:02am Grendel wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:59pm:
If he has facts why not publish in a peer reviewed journal article. He studied english literature. I dont care how smart he is, that doesn't make him an authority on anything other than english literature. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 9th, 2017 at 2:55pm
I suggest you actually read what he wrote because attacking him personally isn't winning you the argument.
On this topic he is more honest than many climate scientists you seem to suggest you believe. James Lovelock who started much of this has divorced himself from the alarmism. Isn't it time YOU did the same. Or are you some giant scientific brain who knows more than the rest of us? I'd hate to think you were just being a hypocrite. :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 9th, 2017 at 3:04pm Quote:
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Bojack Horseman on Jun 9th, 2017 at 3:07pm Grendel wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 2:55pm:
Does he seem more honest, because you agree with what he's saying, or honest because he's talking the truth. Have a think about that, its called confirmation bias. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 9th, 2017 at 8:56pm
Oh dear so are you trying to say you don't believe him because he disagrees with your closed minded opinion?
I suggest you read what he actually says... no point you going on if you are so closed minded you don't even read what he says. So you are also ignoring Lovelock too eh? ::) ::) ::) You seem also to be ignoring the FACTS both these men speak of and guess what... we all agree on the facts... |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 10th, 2017 at 2:09pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ... I asked lee first and he is stumped.... :D :D ::) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 10th, 2017 at 5:49pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 10th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
You asked what about companies. Companies are an organisation with shareholders and Directors. Some companies are manufacturing companies and some companies are service companies. The different types of companies have different energy use requirements and different carbon footprints.. And of course companies can comment. Now what was it you wanted to know about companies? ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 13th, 2017 at 12:51pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 10th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
Lee can't handle the truth: cos his daddy is shite :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 15th, 2017 at 9:31am
Ah lee answered you.... are you so dumb you don't get his answer.... it aint rocket science you know.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Bojack Horseman on Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:36am Grendel wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 8:56pm:
I actually did read what he said and my point still stands. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 15th, 2017 at 12:33pm Grendel wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 9:31am:
You're too dumb to understand he answered nothing... cos you're a shill fake conservative that thinks you're smarter than the average bear. Just because you tell me he answered me doesn't mean he actually answered me: it just means you're s****** his d(** ;) ;) ;) You're too dumb to understand he answered nothing... cos you're a shill fake conservative that thinks you're smarter than the average bear. Just because you tell me he answered me doesn't mean he actually answered me: it just means you're s****** his d(** ;) ;) ;) You're too dumb to understand he answered nothing... cos you're a shill fake conservative that thinks you're smarter than the average bear. Just because you tell me he answered me doesn't mean he actually answered me: it just means you're s****** his d(** ;) ;) ;) You're too dumb to understand he answered nothing... cos you're a shill fake conservative that thinks you're smarter than the average bear. Just because you tell me he answered me doesn't mean he actually answered me: it just means you're s****** his d(** ;) ;) ;) Now you just make sure you stay away from my kids you dumb front bottom and there won't be a problem :) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:36am:
Then its time to recognise you are wrong then.... |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Wassup trainspotting ?
Quantity not quality seems to be an issue with you. I got what Lee said straight away in fact I was going to say it to you myself. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 15th, 2017 at 3:09pm Grendel wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
Just because you 'got what Lee said' means nothing because you're an idiot! You hate your own children and waste their time with false argument like any merchant : that's what makes you an idiot! :D Con-artists like you never win because you spend all your time destroying yourself. GO COPPER INTERNET AY ;) ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 15th, 2017 at 3:10pm Grendel wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
Grendel can't understand why the world judges him ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 15th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Trainspotting.... choo-choo, choo-choo.....
I don't understand you... choo-choo, choo-choo..... But who does eh? :D :D :D :D :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:01pm Grendel wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
grendel still has a hard-on for old man smell howard ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:42pm Grendel wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
Still unintelligible I see Choo-choo... ;D ;D ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:04pm Grendel wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:42pm:
Grendel still hates the unborn we all see ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:31pm Grendel wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:42pm:
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:50pm Grendel wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:31pm:
Grendel has nothing but the copper internet legacy he voted for because he hates this country ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 16th, 2017 at 6:25pm
Sounds like DRAH is off the rails again.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:15pm
Or off his meds or both... ::)
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 17th, 2017 at 2:32pm lee wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 6:25pm:
sounds like lee is preying on the unborn again... ;) (Nasty daddy you had wasn't it: oh, did he go to boarding school and get beaten up and stuff ::) ::) ::) ::)) Hey, I know: vote blue blood and make it all go away :D :D :D :D :D :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 17th, 2017 at 2:33pm Grendel wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:15pm:
Grendel says, <suck suck suck suck suck>: oooooom I love you daddykins ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 17th, 2017 at 2:37pm
Oh dear...
Off the rails again eh... |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 25th, 2017 at 7:31pm
roach has been off the rails and off his meds since the first time I had the displeasure if encountering the idiot.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 26th, 2017 at 1:08pm
All planet accountants hate life: that's why they voted for copper internet for the country that built the asian century with it's mining boom- it's a practical joke on their kids ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We all love practical jokers ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 26th, 2017 at 1:53pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
Whoever said you were loved? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 26th, 2017 at 3:19pm lee wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
I didn't vote for copper internet so I'm not the practical joker: you are :D !!! |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 26th, 2017 at 5:04pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 3:19pm:
Assertions without foundation. So like you. ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 26th, 2017 at 5:26pm
Copper internet so broken, so unreliable and so expensive that NBN Co is worried about wireless broadband. So to be expected.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:40pm lee wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
You voted for copper internet: are you going to tell me I'm a liar? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:42pm Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
Everyone in IT just laughs.... I mean projects waste money in IT all the time but this is the mother of all jokes: it's literally the biggest global joke going on the planet right now... ::) ::) apart from war and famine and all that stuff! |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:43pm TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:40pm:
You have a very loose relationship with the truth. ;D ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:46pm lee wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:43pm:
Lee is a 'Liar Liar pants on fire' !! ;) ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Oh dear. We have another 7 year old on the forum. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 27th, 2017 at 7:46pm
3 year old...
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Oh, I’d say you are at least 4yo, roach. A not very bright 4yo but there you go!
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 27th, 2017 at 8:37pm Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
Wassup monk is Choo-choo one of your socks? :D :D :D :D :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:06pm
I don’t have any socks here. There is a GeorgeH account but I can’t remember what email or password I used when registering. Check if you like.
DRAH is repetitive but correct re the MTM, a $60Bn waste of public money that should see some people in gaol after an RC and charges laid as a consequence! |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:10pm
Sure you don't... ;)
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:13pm
Ask Setanta or BigVic or FD. Or don’t, I don’t give a stuff what you do. You are ignorance walking around on 2 legs, a wanker calling himself a left wing conservative while always defending the Libs and Pauline. Bah.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:16pm Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:13pm:
Well none of that is true... wassup one of those people who need to put others down to build themselves up eh.... you and Aussie, what a pair... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Let me know when you stop trolling and flaming and you get back on topic. ::) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:21pm
You brought up the lie that I had sock accounts here.
I don’t. I can’t even use my original GeorgeH account anymore. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:34pm
So there is a sock account. You just don't use it. ;)
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:39pm
No.
Like Aussie/Mod., like Agness/Green Hornet I set up a new account to Mod Fermentations and gradually just used that account. So GeorgeH is not a sock. Also not an account I can use. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 29th, 2017 at 2:10pm Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:06pm:
Repetition(or Rhythm) is one of the six elements of art: and all the liberal trolls know it! :D :D Repetition(or Rhythm) is one of the six elements of art: and all the liberal trolls know it! :D :D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 29th, 2017 at 2:13pm lee wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 12:54pm:
lee can find no place to put his dagger: better go get that crack pipe in your mouth ay buddy ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by AnotherJourneyByTrain on Jun 29th, 2017 at 2:16pm Grendel wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
Grendel has brought what to the table ever? ;D ;D ;D ;D hey internet: is grendel a total waste of address space or what? <internet shuts down with virtual laughter!!> ...grendel loves old man smell :-[ :-[ |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:21pm
Above we have the standard of debate that Monk as a mod finds appropriate.
We also have Monk doing what he has done for ever on this subject... DENYING FACTS. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Jul 31st, 2017 at 7:24am
What facts am I denying, roach?
That CO2 is a greenhouse gas? Nope, don’t deny that. That other gases with three or more atoms are GHGs? No, don’t deny that H2O, CH4, N2O, O3 and HFCs etc are greenhouse gases. Do I deny that water vapor in the atmosphere leaves only a small window for IR to escape to space through? No, I don’t deny that. Do I deny that the other GHGs close more of the window that H2O leaves? No, I don’t deny that. Do I deny the consequent heating from the increasing GHG content of the atmosphere? No I don’t deny that. Do I deny that measurements of IR spectrum from space and from the surface show more and more IR is in fact being blocked from escaping from earth to space? No, I don’t deny that. Do I deny that this and the past few years are the hottest recorded years? No, I don’t deny that. Do I deny that 2017 is hot even tho it is not an El Nino year? No, I do not deny this year is hot nor do I deny it isn’t an El Nino year. So, come on roach, what “facts” do I deny? |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jul 31st, 2017 at 4:30pm Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 7:24am:
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Jul 31st, 2017 at 4:32pm
Why don't you go back reread the points that Clive said and try to refute them?
No? because you cant Monk. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 11:43am
I have shown that greenhouse gases block IR photons from escaping to space, sending them back down to the surface and so warming the surface. I have not argued that CO2 concentrations are increasing and temperatures ever rising so correlation = causation. Correlation does not come into it because we know the mechanism of the greenhouse effect.
Water vapor is a main driver but it is not constantly increasing that is why scientists concentrate attention on the main non–condensing GHG, CO2. This has been mentioned many times in articles I have cited and I have mentioned many times that H2O concentrations are volatile. Last year was the hottest recorded year, this year is likely to be the second or third hottest even tho it is not a El Nino year. Clive is just irrelevant to all this. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Aug 1st, 2017 at 11:47am Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 11:43am:
Time to revisit your CO2 primer. ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:22pm
Come on Monk...
Lets see you attempt to refute what Clive James stated. You know you cant, you know every time we corner you, suddenly the photons and CO2, and kindi examples of what a GHG is start to come out. Etc, etc, etc... |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:25pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 11:43am:
There you go, roach. You don’t have the knowledge or reasoning ability to comprehend that but nevertheless that is the situation and Clive is clueless about AGW really, isn’t he? As are you. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:39pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Why repeat it. I understood it the first time. I doubt you read Clive James' piece, that's why you have no clue and refuse to even try to refute it. Personally I think you just repost other people's stuff without knowing what it means at all. Anyone who thinks clouds stop at fencelines has real credibility issues. Oh before I forget I already poked holes in your CO2 photon crap beliefs by mentioning the Antarctic LIDAR studies... but hey, you probably just ignored that too. ::) ::) ::) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:49pm
Poked holes, you couldn’t poke a hole in a wet tissue, roach:
Quote:
http://www.antarctica.gov.au/about-antarctica/environment/atmosphere/studying-the-atmosphere/probing-the-atmosphere-with-lidar |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:30pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:49pm:
Isn't that supposed to be the home of the mythical tropospheric hotspot? ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:33pm
Is it?
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:56pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:33pm:
Wow. Obfuscation. And I thought you new "climate science"TM |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:04pm
Proof?
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:14pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:04pm:
I have no proof you know any kind of science. ;D ;D ;D ;D |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:15pm
So no proof.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:19pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:15pm:
Nope. NOT Geoscience, NOT "Climate Science"TM, NOT Home Science. No proof of anything. Merely your assertions. Are you really admitting you don't know "Climate Science"? ;) |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Jovial Monk on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:04pm
So no proof from denier Lees.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by lee on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:09pm
Posted in Ice Watch
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:00pm Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:49pm:
I know what LIDAR is thanks, no need to post extraneous info you just discovered for me. If you knew anything and didn't spout garbage you would know that via LIDAR scientists have shown that CO2 as I already stated for your tiny little mind in the upper atmosphere stops radiation from the Sun entering the Earth's atmosphere. Not something you have ever stated or even seem to know about? According to you all it does is trap heat in. :D :D :D :D :D Oh dear. yep holes Monk... big enough to drive trucks through. |
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:03pm
After 50 kilometres, the next layer is the mesosphere, and the temperature starts dropping again. By 85 kilometres, the top of the mesosphere is the coldest place on earth. The density of the upper atmosphere is so low that carbon dioxide actually radiates heat away into space, rather than trapping it.
|
|
Title: Re: Clive James skewers the Alarmists. Post by Grendel on Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:05pm
Still not game enough to take on Clive James eh Monk? :D :D :D
|
|
Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |