Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
General Discussion >> Feedback >> Who will be new GMOD
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1466899831

Message started by Leftwinger on Jun 26th, 2016 at 10:10am

Title: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Leftwinger on Jun 26th, 2016 at 10:10am
Lets just hope

It isn't another right wing fwit
Isn't pussy whipped by the forum ditz
Will allow criticism of all races
Wont ban people for slamming the jews

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 26th, 2016 at 10:16am
I'll do it.

So that I can defend Lisa too! :D :D

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Dnarever on Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:04am

Its time wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 10:10am:
Lets just hope

It isn't another right wing fwit
Isn't pussy whipped by the forum ditz
Will allow criticism of all races
Wont ban people for slamming the jews


I would have a problem with some of the job specs and still hope we don't need a new one.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Fireball on Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:24am

Its time wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 10:10am:
Lets just hope

It isn't another right wing fwit
Isn't pussy whipped by the forum ditz
Will allow criticism of all races
Wont ban people for slamming the jews


And it isn't YOU Leftwhinger!

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Redneck on Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:28am
What about BigOl or TeddyBear?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Leftwinger on Jun 26th, 2016 at 12:09pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:28am:
What about BigOl or TeddyBear?


Right wing FWits

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Redneck on Jun 26th, 2016 at 12:16pm

Its time wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 12:09pm:

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:28am:
What about BigOl or TeddyBear?


Right wing FWits


Going too far you think?  ;D

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 26th, 2016 at 7:20pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 10:16am:
I'll do it.

So that I can defend Lisa too! :D :D



Up for FD

;D ;D

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by The Mechanic on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:35pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm:
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?


pretty sure i made more money than you today genius  ;D ;D ;D

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by ian on Jun 28th, 2016 at 12:07am

John Smith wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:35pm:

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm:
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?


pretty sure i made more money than you today genius  ;D ;D ;D
sure

Quote:
John Smith
Gold Member
*****
Offline
Australian Politics

Add to My Buddy List 
Posts: 41188
27.70 Posts per day Date Registered: May 31st, 2012 at 4:55pm
1487 Days since joining

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:15am

ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 12:07am:

John Smith wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:35pm:

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm:
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?


pretty sure i made more money than you today genius  ;D ;D ;D
sure

Quote:
John Smith
Gold Member
*****
Offline
Australian Politics

Add to My Buddy List 
Posts: 41188
27.70 Posts per day Date Registered: May 31st, 2012 at 4:55pm
1487 Days since joining



;D ;D ;D

yeah ... cause that has a lot to do with actual income  :D :D

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by The Mechanic on Jun 28th, 2016 at 7:00pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:15am:

ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 12:07am:

John Smith wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:35pm:

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm:
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?


pretty sure i made more money than you today genius  ;D ;D ;D
sure

Quote:
John Smith
Gold Member
*****
Offline
Australian Politics

Add to My Buddy List 
Posts: 41188
27.70 Posts per day Date Registered: May 31st, 2012 at 4:55pm
1487 Days since joining



;D ;D ;D

yeah ... cause that has a lot to do with actual income  :D :D


sitting on your fat lazy ass on welfare posting on here all day and other leftist interweb sites doesn't really pay that well John...  ::)

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 28th, 2016 at 9:10pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 7:00pm:

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:15am:

ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 12:07am:

John Smith wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:35pm:

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm:
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?


pretty sure i made more money than you today genius  ;D ;D ;D
sure

Quote:
John Smith
Gold Member
*****
Offline
Australian Politics

Add to My Buddy List 
Posts: 41188
27.70 Posts per day Date Registered: May 31st, 2012 at 4:55pm
1487 Days since joining



;D ;D ;D

yeah ... cause that has a lot to do with actual income  :D :D


sitting on your fat lazy ass on welfare posting on here all day and other leftist interweb sites doesn't really pay that well John...  ::)


who said it did?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:19pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:35pm:

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm:
none of the above..

why not put the same amount of effort into getting a "real" job?


pretty sure i made more money than you today genius  ;D ;D ;D


Hope you paid your taxes on it.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:21pm
If I had a post rate of 28 per day I'm pretty sure I would be fired inside of a month.
Things would be getting missed all over the joint.

I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:21pm:
If I had a post rate of 28 per day I'm pretty sure I would be fired inside of a month.
Things would be getting missed all over the joint.

I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately.



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
Hope you paid your taxes on it.


just got another tax bill a couple of days ago ... wife pays bills so I'm not sure if she's done it yet.. it'll get paid, as will next months and so on

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Super Nova on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:38pm
Aussie wants the job, is he being considered? (he may pretend he doesn't, but he does)

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by ian on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:58pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:21pm:
If I had a post rate of 28 per day I'm pretty sure I would be fired inside of a month.
Things would be getting missed all over the joint.

I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately.



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
Hope you paid your taxes on it.


just got another tax bill a couple of days ago ... wife pays bills so I'm not sure if she's done it yet.. it'll get paid, as will next months and so on
Monthly tax bills? GST is quarterly, income is yearly. No one pays tax monthly.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by ian on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:00am

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


The point is, you arent working while you are posting here for hours a day. Do you even have a job or employment of any kind?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Unforgiven on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:08am

ian wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:00am:

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


The point is, you arent working while you are posting here for hours a day. Do you even have a job or employment of any kind?


Ignorance is denizen ian's finest quality. ian is lucky that the ADF has jobs for ian and his ignorant ilk.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by bogarde73 on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:43am
Fair dinkum Unforgiven, how many times do you feel the need to change your name?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Honky on Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:22am
Is there actually going to be a new global Mod?  I know there should be.

But I can't think of anyone who'd do as good a job of it as me.  Closest would be Gandalf and/or setanta.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Leftwinger on Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:21pm
Can Gmods ban other Gmods ? If so i want the job  :)

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Redneck on Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:04pm
I would do it if someone nominated me!

Could I be trusted though!

That is the question!  ;D  ::)

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:12pm

ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:58pm:

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:21pm:
If I had a post rate of 28 per day I'm pretty sure I would be fired inside of a month.
Things would be getting missed all over the joint.

I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately.



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
Hope you paid your taxes on it.


just got another tax bill a couple of days ago ... wife pays bills so I'm not sure if she's done it yet.. it'll get paid, as will next months and so on
Monthly tax bills? GST is quarterly, income is yearly. No one pays tax monthly.


shut up stupid

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by John Smith on Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:13pm

ian wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:00am:

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


The point is, you arent working while you are posting here for hours a day. Do you even have a job or employment of any kind?


of course .. can't you read?


John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:
Lucky for me, I work for myself.


Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:50pm
I can still moderate.
What more do you need?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Aussie on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:06pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:50pm:
I can still moderate.
What more do you need?


Didn't you say that you are barely able to spend any time here, given your work obligations?

As for this:


Quote:
I can still moderate.


It seems not, from my experience.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Dnarever on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:17pm

ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:58pm:

John Smith wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:22pm:

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:21pm:
If I had a post rate of 28 per day I'm pretty sure I would be fired inside of a month.
Things would be getting missed all over the joint.

I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately.



Obviously If I worked for someone else I wouldn't be on here whilst I was working. Lucky for me, I work for myself. ;)


Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
Hope you paid your taxes on it.


just got another tax bill a couple of days ago ... wife pays bills so I'm not sure if she's done it yet.. it'll get paid, as will next months and so on
Monthly tax bills? GST is quarterly, income is yearly. No one pays tax monthly.


PAYE employees on a monthly pay cycle do ?

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:20pm
The current workload I have should subside with the recovery of the currency markets.

Unfortunately both my top and bottom line have lost millions as a result of the GBP right now.
Hence needing to do 12 hour days to work out what we do ( I type this on Regent St just getting a breather from this morning).

Sadly I am having to run the normal headcount analysis of hiring freezes and then potential headcount reductions and what that would save on the net margin.

That's the time issue I have Aussie. It is been landed on me by the markets and above.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Aussie on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:30pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:20pm:
The current workload I have should subside with the recovery of the currency markets.

Unfortunately both my top and bottom line have lost millions as a result of the GBP right now.
Hence needing to do 12 hour days to work out what we do ( I type this on Regent St just getting a breather from this morning).

Sadly I am having to run the normal headcount analysis of hiring freezes and then potential headcount reductions and what that would save on the net margin.

That's the time issue I have Aussie. It is been landed on me by the markets and above.


I don't doubt any of that Mr Hicks.  It demonstrates that you are unable ~ "I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately," ~ to adequately "still moderate."

I'm not shafting blame Mr Hicks, but you know what you have said to me and us all, and given the departure of p_n, you are it.  There is no-one else, for all practical purposes.  Gandalf is only concerned inside the Islam Board.  That's it.

"Full stop."

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Secret Wars on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:38pm
I vote Aussie as mod, he obviously has the spare time and is dead keen on banning people and dictating how they should post so you cannot say he wouldn't be hands on. 


Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Margie on Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:41pm
I think in the interest of fairness we need another female GMod. I put myself forward as a credible choice, obviously I have the experience necessary as most of you know. I think Ms cods would also be excellent choice, after myself of course.  Either of us would insist on a monthly Dip n Glide night, and no getting a leg over in the bus on the way home. ;)

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Leftwinger on Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:28am

strolling bones wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:41pm:
I think in the interest of fairness we need another female GMod. I put myself forward as a credible choice, obviously I have the experience necessary as most of you know. I think Ms cods would also be excellent choice, after myself of course.  Either of us would insist on a monthly Dip n Glide night, and no getting a leg over in the bus on the way home. ;)


Cods ?


;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Kat on Jul 1st, 2016 at 6:20pm
I honestly couldn't care less.

I've just about given up on the place anyway.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:56pm
I don't believe there is a selection going on at the moment.
If there is, I am sure it will be announced and I'll provide feedback to the big dog in private on who I believe is suitable.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Aussie on Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:59pm

Quote:
I am sure it will be announced


Can't recall it being announced in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:03pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:59pm:

Quote:
I am sure it will be announced


Can't recall it being announced in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong.


When I was made a GMod, I had responded to a request from Muso and FD that they were adding one more Moderator in public.

Pretty sure Annie was also decided after a public request to put forward.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Aussie on Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:05pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:03pm:

Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:59pm:

Quote:
I am sure it will be announced


Can't recall it being announced in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong.


When I was made a GMod, I had responded to a request from Muso and FD that they were adding one more Moderator in public.

Pretty sure Annie was also decided after a public request to put forward.


You may be right.  I just can't immediately bring it to mind.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Setanta on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 12:19am
Perhaps with the new facelift a mod facelift is indicated. In this idea there are a panel of members, mods refer infractions to them and they make the decision.

Although I would never want to be a mod, I think my decision making is sound. We could have a group that makes decisions and more mods with less power that refer their and others complaints for adjudication.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Andrei.Hicks on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:05am
I don't think it would work in practice though.
The time would be lengthy and often you need to act then and there.

Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Setanta on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:09am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:05am:
I don't think it would work in practice though.
The time would be lengthy and often you need to act then and there.


I thought that too. What happens when instant decisions need to be made.

My thought, around that, was gmods are allowed their current powers but decisions are reviewable.


Title: Re: Who will be new GMOD
Post by Redneck on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 9:01am
Well I will vote me if no one else does!

I can be trusted except on Club night!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.