Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> Erik Worrall threatens to hold the world to ransom
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1426228795

Message started by Copper-toned-stunt on Mar 13th, 2015 at 4:39pm

Title: Erik Worrall threatens to hold the world to ransom
Post by Copper-toned-stunt on Mar 13th, 2015 at 4:39pm
Eric Worrall 18m ago

0
1
I am a regular guest author on WattsUpWithThat. So why would I want to help you? The answer is, of course, if you follow my suggestion, you will find your problem is solved - you engage with your audience. But I will get something I want as well. Top marks if you can figure out what that is.

The fundamental reason why you are not engaging with your audience is your message is a dirge of despair.

In politics, there is a dirty trick candidates often play on their opponents. If you want to keep your opponents voters at home, to make them switch off, you find out where they live and bombard them with negative messages. People can't handle despair in large doses - I mean, you get a small number of weirdos who enjoy wallowing in hopelessness, but most people avoid pain. If you can make the election an emotionally painful experience for your opponent's voters, even though they know the source of the misery is someone they despise, they disengage from the process - they never turn up to the polling booth.

What you are doing, with constant messages about Earth being on the brink of destruction, is just as negative as any sabotage political literature I have ever seen.

How do you change your message, to engage with your audience? You talk about solutions of course. You find solutions we skeptics think are palatable - solutions which have a real chance of being implemented.

source: comments, http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/mar/12/find-a-new-way-to-tell-the-story-how-the-guardian-launched-its-climate-change-campaign

lol, this guy is playing for sheep-stations with nothing on the table  ::) ::)

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.