Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> I was playing baseball catcher that day...
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1420458937

Message started by The Stunt-free Horse on Jan 5th, 2015 at 9:55pm

Title: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Post by The Stunt-free Horse on Jan 5th, 2015 at 9:55pm
The hottest day recorded in Perth was on 23 February, 1991, when the mercury reached 46.2C.

:D :D

- don't remember too much about it but EXCEPT MY BROTHER WENT HOME WITH A BLOOD NOSE AND I WAS HAPPY ABOUT IT LOL  :D :D :D :D :D

Nah, someone told me there was another 46 day in Perth when my auntie got married and I was real young so maybe in '81 or something?!!? I was surprised to read this day in 1991 was the record to tell you the truth... so be it: i knew it was a day to remember, somehow, mind you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ... oh yeh- that's right... MY BROTHER WENT HOME WITH A BLOOD NOSE LOL  :D :D

SOURCE: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/05/perth-melts-in-scorching-444c-heat-its-hottest-day-in-18-years

Title: Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Post by brumbie on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:07pm
Psst!.. don't tell the doomsday merchants it was 24 years ago..they've got an agenda to keep to.

Title: Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Post by The Stunt-free Horse on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:12pm

brumbie wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:07pm:
Psst!.. don't tell the doomsday merchants it was 24 years ago..they've got an agenda to keep to.

Um, I think that's me!

Title: Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Post by UnSubRocky on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 9:28pm

brumbie wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:07pm:
Psst!.. don't tell the doomsday merchants it was 24 years ago..they've got an agenda to keep to.


The official record for Rockhampton was 45.5C in 1990. That was over 24 years ago. I was at the beach when we got it, so we didn't suffer. And although we have had unofficial reports of temperatures as high as 47 degrees celsius in recent years, official temperatures have not budged passed 44 degrees celsius. Winter temperatures have taken a dive in recent years. And that's with me complaining about it after having to endure driving around in winter time for deliveries -- ergo, I should have been accustomed to it.

Title: Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Post by lee on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:17am
Confusing Weather and Climate.

Title: Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Post by The Stunt-free Horse on Jan 25th, 2015 at 12:15pm

lee wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:17am:
Confusing Weather and Climate.

lee is a seamstress for daddykins  :D :D

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.