| Australian Politics Forum | |
|
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> I DEMAND an apology from.. http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1397624583 Message started by Deathridesahorse on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm |
|
|
Title: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm
Liberal voters who are imperilling my children by calling climate change crap!
:) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Sprintcyclist on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:06pm Sorry. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:12pm Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:06pm:
Namaste. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Ajax on Apr 16th, 2014 at 6:26pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm:
Cuckoo |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 17th, 2014 at 3:52am Ajax wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Ajax bamboozles governments to steal mineral wealth for he represents the foreign investor from planet accountant! Where else does Ajax call home?? :o |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by it_is_the_light on Apr 17th, 2014 at 7:13pm Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:06pm:
forgiven . in love and the divine light namaste - : ) = ॐ / |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Ajax on Apr 17th, 2014 at 7:16pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 17th, 2014 at 3:52am:
that's better drah, for a moment I thought you might have come to your senses. :P ;D :D 8-) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Andrei.Hicks on Apr 17th, 2014 at 7:18pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm:
Cuckoo! Cuckoo! |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Oracle on Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:11pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm:
I am profusely UNsorry. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Lord Herbert on Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:17pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm:
Sorry, Deathridesacarbonemission. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 2:38am Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:17pm:
Please explain?????????? :o |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Sir Spot of Borg on Apr 18th, 2014 at 3:41am
Interestingly its the ppl that like to call others conspiracy theorists that think this whole climate thing is a conspiracy theory? To what end?
SOB |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Dame Pansi on Apr 18th, 2014 at 6:11am BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:03pm:
Your children will be bathing them and 'forgetting' to change their adult diapers, that's called retribution. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Lord Herbert on Apr 18th, 2014 at 6:36am BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 2:38am:
You can tell your friends that Global Warming is a GOOD thing, while Global Cooling is a BAD thing. That's the Good News for today, D. :) Warming = Good. Cooling = Bad! The mini-Ice Age that ended in the 1800s killed millions across Europe, but a mini-Warming Period would have killed no one. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by muso on Apr 18th, 2014 at 8:31am
Death - you are trying to turn science into slogans. It's tacky. Deal in facts.
|
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by lee on Apr 18th, 2014 at 11:44am
Yes WG1 said the models were unreliable over the short term. Warming was roughly equivalent to the RCP 2.6 or 2.6 w/m2 increase by 2100..
WG2 and WG3 appear to have used RCP 8.5 or an increase to 8.5 w/m2 within the same time frame. 'Box TS.6 | The New Representative Concentration Pathway Scenarios and Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 5 Models Future anthropogenic emissions of GHGs, aerosol particles and other forcing agents such as land use change are dependent on socio - economic factors, and may be affected by global geopolitical agreements to control those emissions to achieve mitigation. AR4 made extensive use of the SRES scenarios that do not include additional climate initiatives, which means that no scenarios were available that explicitly assume implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) or the emissions targets of the Kyoto Protocol. However, GHG emissions are directly affected by non-climate change policies designed for a wide range of other purposes. The SRES scenarios were developed using a sequential approach, that is, socioeconomic factors fed into emissions scenarios, which were then used in simple climate models to determine concentrations of GHGs, and other agents required to drive the more complex AOGCMs. In this report, outcomes of climate simulations that use new scenarios (some of which include implied policy actions to achieve mitigation) referred to as RCPs are assessed. These RCPs represent a larger set of mitigation scenarios and were selected to have different targets in terms of radiative forcing at 2100 (about 2.6, 4.5, 6.0 and 8.5 W m –2 ; Figure TS.15). The scenarios should be considered plausible and illustrative, and do not have probabilities attached to them. {12.3.1; Box 1.1} (bold added) http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/report/WG1AR5_TS_FINAL.pdf |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 11:57am Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 6:36am:
Was it anthropogenic ??? Ya see, i'm a smart little cookie ;) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:00pm Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 6:11am:
Ha, yeh only so much fun ya can have there before you just wish prevention had been attempted by the hollywood induced sociopaths of our generations!! |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:05pm muso wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 8:31am:
War is conducted in the economic sphere: what else is slavery???? The scientific facts are already on the table so they are not the issue.. the chains bonding us in non-action are the issue! |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Caliph adamant on Apr 18th, 2014 at 2:40pm Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 6:36am:
Three words that might prove you wrong Herbert. North Atlantic Drift. http://www.infiniteunknown.net/2010/09/14/life-on-this-earth-just-changed-the-north-atlantic-current-is-gone/ |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 4:38pm
stop the climate
|
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Andrei.Hicks on Apr 18th, 2014 at 4:40pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 4:38pm:
Cuckoo!!!! |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 4:44pm Andrei.Hicks wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 4:40pm:
Wow, why does Andrei feel the need to play the man ??? ::) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Lord Herbert on Apr 18th, 2014 at 5:52pm Adamant wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 2:40pm:
Wrong. Prefrontal Cortex Drift. That's where the real problem lies. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by muso on Apr 18th, 2014 at 7:26pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:05pm:
Fair enough. I can just about follow what you are saying. The trouble is that you can argue with politics until the cows come home, but eventually we need to follow the facts. Why don't you present it as a Swot analysis? What do you see as the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats? |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 18th, 2014 at 7:32pm muso wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 7:26pm:
A SWOT analysis of what exactly? Determining the question is politics... Science may be a tool for finding answers but it too has to determine the question to be answered in the first! All human relations is politics!! :o |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by muso on Apr 19th, 2014 at 9:38am BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 18th, 2014 at 7:32pm:
The question is that of how do we best minimise the effects on the human polulation of past and current fossil fuel combustion, cement production and tropical forest clearing. Ignoring it is not one of the options open to us. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 19th, 2014 at 11:32am muso wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 9:38am:
That's not the question that needs answering in my book... in my book it's how we get off the fossil fooled train pronto! Boycott has been called for and body, mind and soul of the masses can do it if they only used the sword of wisdom to cut the Hollywood hallucination in half. WHO ASKS WHY THEY HAD KIDS?? CERTAINLY NOT THE GREEDY BABY BOOMERS WHOM 9-11 ATTACKED! The depressant drug alcohol makes them all hide their heads in shame... GO BABY BOOMERS YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH YEH, THEY HAD IT ALL WORKED OUT........ :-[ |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by muso on Apr 19th, 2014 at 12:18pm
Unfortunately the Sword of Damocles has more of an effect than the sword of wisdom.
That's the one hanging over the decision-making politicians. If you want to wean the electorate off fossil fuels, your strategy needs to include the Sword of Damocles. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 19th, 2014 at 12:33pm muso wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Ahuh, yeh I don't know much about that sword but I'll go with your decision making process idea for now. Certainly, decision is difficult. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt aka FUD are easily spread. Easily spread for good reason as decision is like the release of an arrow- very hard to undo! What I do know is that nature has made up its mind that what will not defend itself will not be defended! I question the sword of Damocles ... But I may just do some reading around it to be sure 8-) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 19th, 2014 at 12:53pm muso wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Yeh cool, read it! Groupthink is a killa for sure! The voter is lobbied for he/she decides government! So it's not even groupthink but cashed up limited liability structures that made mountains of money from environmentally subsidised polluting 19th century technologies that sow the fear needed to keep their business models too big to fail. Yes fear is a powerful weapon but those American towers came down with will! The model is there: boycott fear :o |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by gizmo_2655 on Apr 19th, 2014 at 1:24pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 11:32am:
That's not the question that needs answering in my book... in my book it's how we get off the fossil fooled train pronto! Boycott has been called for and body, mind and soul of the masses can do it if they only used the sword of wisdom to cut the Hollywood hallucination in half. WHO ASKS WHY THEY HAD KIDS?? CERTAINLY NOT THE GREEDY BABY BOOMERS WHOM 9-11 ATTACKED! The depressant drug alcohol makes them all hide their heads in shame... GO BABY BOOMERS YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH YEH, THEY HAD IT ALL WORKED OUT........ :-[/quote] Death, you do realise that the whole evnvironmental movement of the 60s and 70s was started BY baby boomers, don't you? And that a lot of the 'big' names in the pro-ACC world are also boomers? Bob Brown, Christine Milne, Tim Flannery, Mike Mann, Phil Jones, Kevin Trenberth, even Al Gore. All Baby Boomers. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 20th, 2014 at 6:57pm gizmo_2655 wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 1:24pm:
Most cut their hairs off and forgot about all that: :o hey big boy :-? :-? :-? :-X |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by gizmo_2655 on Apr 20th, 2014 at 7:34pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 20th, 2014 at 6:57pm:
Can you try that again in english?? |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 20th, 2014 at 7:36pm gizmo_2655 wrote on Apr 20th, 2014 at 7:34pm:
Make me ;) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Rider on Apr 21st, 2014 at 5:26pm
I DEMAND a total refund of all the taxpayers money blown on a totally irrelevant cause and the nonsense created to justify fraudulent and patently false climate modelling.
|
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 11:35am Rider wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 at 5:26pm:
Then you can explain why everest is breaking up... 8-) |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Rider on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 2:52pm BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 11:35am:
As I said...patently false. |
|
Title: Re: I DEMAND an apology from.. Post by Deathridesahorse on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 7:52pm Rider wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 2:52pm:
How methodical ;D |
|
Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |