Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Member Run Boards >> Environment >> Is Climate Change really happening?
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1354116477

Message started by Emma Peel on Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:27am

Title: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Emma Peel on Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:27am
Well YES, that is so obvious,
and I don't believe there is any deniability -   humans are largely responsible.

If not ENTIRELY responsible.

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Spot of Borg on Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37am
Remember the ozone hole and all the deniers about that? What i dont understand is why you can still buy aerosols.

SOB

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by FriYAY on Nov 29th, 2012 at 11:27am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37am:
Remember the ozone hole and all the deniers about that? What i dont understand is why you can still buy aerosols.

SOB


Because very few now use CFC's.

You don't understand much, hey?



Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Deathridesahorse on Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:25pm

Emma wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:27am:
Well YES, that is so obvious,
and I don't believe there is any deniability -   humans are largely responsible.

If not ENTIRELY responsible.

The options you made available give away your false intentions!!  ;D

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Doctor Jolly on Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:30pm
Before I vote, if the polar caps melt due to humans and the tundra releases all its stored methane, does that 2nd part count as 'humans responsible' or is it 'natures response' ?

ie. Nature saying...I'll take your co2 emissions, and raise you a few billion tones of methane.

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by muso on Nov 29th, 2012 at 6:30pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37am:
Remember the ozone hole and all the deniers about that? What i dont understand is why you can still buy aerosols.

SOB

- because the aerosols no longer contain cfc's.

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by muso on Nov 29th, 2012 at 6:32pm

Doctor Jolly wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:30pm:
Before I vote, if the polar caps melt due to humans and the tundra releases all its stored methane, does that 2nd part count as 'humans responsible' or is it 'natures response' ?

ie. Nature saying...I'll take your co2 emissions, and raise you a few billion tones of methane.


It's a consequence of the CO2 emissions - a feedback, so yes and yes. 

The question in the poll is a bit strange. The "due to" part kind of answers the question. 

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Emma Peel on Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:10pm
thanks Muso... probably because it's author is a bit 'strange'. :)

But I was hoping to assess how many people are prepared to acknowledge human responsibility, and to wht degree.
I thought my q's were quite reasonable tho.

If the Permafrost is melting, as we know it is, now,....  for the first time in at least 40,000 yrs,  it does sort of beg the question. IOW yes- it IS down to humans, almost entirely.

But please... constructive criticism is always welcome.  It's not like I'm an expert.. :)

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by muso on Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:58pm
I didn't intend to criticize you.  I knew what you meant, but being pedantic, your question was probably unintentionally loaded. The answer was contained in the question.

It's like asking "Are these prints that were caused by your feet, your footprints?"

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Emma Peel on Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:02pm
heehee
I'm not offended ... 
perhaps if I'd left out 'infestation'?   :)

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by John Smith on Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:28pm
who comes up with these options on these polls? what rubbish

yes climate change is real .. and man increases the rate at which it changes  ... it's not mostly man made neither is it wholey natural ... there is inbetween

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Emma Peel on Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:44pm
er why complain...there was an option to suit you.

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Emma Peel on Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:45pm
or perhaps not.! ................ I've seen worse.  :)

who ???  why ME.... who else???

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Spot of Borg on Nov 30th, 2012 at 4:18am

FriYAY wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 11:27am:

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37am:
Remember the ozone hole and all the deniers about that? What i dont understand is why you can still buy aerosols.

SOB


Because very few now use CFC's.

You don't understand much, hey?


I understand what kind of troll you are.

SOB

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by FriYAY on Nov 30th, 2012 at 9:10am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 30th, 2012 at 4:18am:

FriYAY wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 11:27am:

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37am:
Remember the ozone hole and all the deniers about that? What i dont understand is why you can still buy aerosols.

SOB


Because very few now use CFC's.

You don't understand much, hey?


I understand what kind of troll you are.

SOB


LOL,

It wasn’t rolling  ::)

muso explained it to you above as well. :)

Honestly, why not just inform yourself before you make stupid comments? :-/

All you had to do was type in cfc’s and search and the results are right there, about the only thing that contains cfc’s these days are medicines (asthma puffers etc) ;)

I’ll pin another “owned” sticker up on my wall. ;D

:D


Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Emma Peel on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:27am
I suggest you go and wallow in all that melting muddy permafrost.  You know,   go and roll in it , luxuriate in its decay and death.  You'd love that.  40,000 yr old  rot, sounds just like you.

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Superman1 on Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:52pm
Tis the pressurized Climate of the human soul that is witnessed by climate change.

~ Doc Brown (now Green}

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by iceyone on Dec 7th, 2012 at 9:42am
Whether climate change is man made or not - would it not be better to change our habits so there is something for future generations?

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Jasignature on Dec 9th, 2012 at 4:05am
Yep - humanity has a drug and alcohol problem with a gun to its own head while talking to the floating bits of cheese in the toilet bowl that it thinks are fish in the sea.

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Deathridesahorse on Dec 10th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Yes, the anticylones coming off Antarctica have been changing for a long time: they no longer reach into the country like they used to!

The trick is whether you can seriously attribute this to global warming or not...or should you wait for further corroborating evidence?!!?

"TEMPO, TEMPO, TEMPO,...", AS THE GREATS SAY!

  ::)

Title: Re: Is Climate Change really happening?
Post by Deathridesahorse on Dec 10th, 2012 at 6:52pm

Emma wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:27am:
Well YES, that is so obvious,
and I don't believe there is any deniability -   humans are largely responsible.

If not ENTIRELY responsible.

eMMA, MY DEAR, YOU ARE IN FOR A FRIGHT I'M AFRAID!!!

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.