| Australian Politics Forum | |
|
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
General Discussion >> Technically Speaking >> Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1308331815 Message started by jalane33 on Jun 18th, 2011 at 3:30am |
|
|
Title: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by jalane33 on Jun 18th, 2011 at 3:30am
I'm hoping someone can clear up a few queries I have - so call me lazy.
Concerning Blood Groups, and/or Types. I know there are several major groups A B O A+ A- B+ B- - at least I think I know this. Please advise if this so, and the relative % of each group across the planetary population, if known. I also know that there are rarer types - RH eg. ...(. the only one I know.) That these rarer types can indicate a greater likelihood that the person develops disorders not common to the general population. Is that so? I know that Group O are universal donors, - the only blood type that does not compromise the system of the recipient, regardless of their own blood type, and that the use of Plasma has reduced the importance of blood-typing in emergency procedures.. Please advise if this is essentially correct, or not. Do Blood types appear in different populations, in different percentages? EG. Would a Mexican population - be likely, or not, to reflect the same distribution of blood types as a Spanish pop.? Would a Kalahari Bush tribe, display the range of human blood types that the people of a Welsh village do? Or the Inuit? I think I know that blood type is not dictated by racial or cultural background, but i'm not sure why. [b]Is this so?[/b] Do some groups of people NOT possess common Blood types?. ????? :) :) :) :) :) Sorry - my ignorance is profound.!! |
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by Deathridesahorse on Jun 19th, 2011 at 10:36pm
Good question: go ask it at Dr Karls SelfServiceScienceForum on the ABC site!
|
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by jalane33 on Jun 20th, 2011 at 12:21am
thanks Death
I'll do that. :) |
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by Karnal on Jun 20th, 2011 at 4:13pm
Science has no real answers to these questions, but on the fringes of science, there's speculation.
Some believe blood types to have a diet/evolutionary function. Type O: hunter-gather/high protein diets (30,000 years old), type A: cultivator/vegetarian diets (20,000 tears old), type B: nomadic/flexible diets (10,000 years old), type AB: unknown/somewhere between A and B (1000 years old). Peter D'Adamo has a popular diet book: Eat Right for your Type. There's no real proof though. I had a chat with him on his web forum. I found the people who follow his diet to be quite cult-like and defensive. |
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by jalane33 on Jun 20th, 2011 at 5:36pm
WOW -- thanks Karnal!! :)
Had no idea this was such an unknown. I assumed, I guess, that if we have mapped the Human Genome - we must know about our blood!!,,.... Doesn't that make you think?? We can produce nano-tech, nuclear fission, create life, read individual cells right down to the micro and beyond,.. and yet we haven't any real clue about ourselves, what we are doing, or where we're headed.. It seems a sort of try anything pot-luck approach to science - like enough monkeys typing away at random for long enough will write the ".........." (add ur own) Personally I think the new humans are already among us - that evolution mainly operates in leaps and bounds - followed by a slow crawl. But for most of us, we are just simply ignorant specialists, who rely so unknowingly on existing societal structures, that the shock from the effects of our dabbling in things beyond our ken will be fatal. If old age doesn't get us first. 8-) |
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by buzzanddidj on Jun 22nd, 2011 at 3:05pm |
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by jalane33 on Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:21pm
Thanks for that I've saved it.
And then I wrote a dfgr ( a damned smacking good reply) and - did something and it is gone. :'( :'( I digressed to Land for Wildlife- think we need a topic!!!! cant repeat that all again Then said - in summary - >:( >:( >:( >:( bugger :( Interest in blood due to issues of nationality and susceptibility of types to blood/brain disorders. CONCLUSION-?? Blood type cannot dtermine nationality or , as a rule, susc. to disease, 'cept for the factors. And thats genetics creeping in, isn't it? We are all brothers and sisters -- its not us and them --- ITS JUST US!! :) |
|
Title: Re: Questions re Human Biology - specifically BLOOD Post by jalane33 on Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:31pm
Oh and thanks for the subtle editing - no probs - noticed it a couple of times before ( at least!)
I do wonder at it sometimes though, and the substitutions ?? funny!! Is it only on General Board - are the other boards - Member -run - subject to diff rules -- ie are there mods overseeing some boards 'religiously' :) and others not at all - or much?? Just getting to know you, getting to know the things you do... dah da da da dahh da da da........! ;D |
|
Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2! YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved. |