Australian Politics Forum
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl
General Discussion >> Chat >> Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1257629480

Message started by deepthought on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:31am

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by deepthought on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:31am

muso wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:29am:

wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 11:51pm:
You need to discuss this in an open forum.

Try here

http://www.polanimal.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1806


JM - The only posts I have deleted were ad hominems. They don't add anything to your argument. They just make you look stupid and reduce the signal to noise ratio of the board. When a thread degenerates into personal abuse, many thinking people switch off. If you just want to flame people, you can easily join unmoderated groups such as alt.flame on Usenet. Now the people there would make you look like a novice at flaming.

I don't want to join yet another forum. It's questionable whether I should even continue here, where nobody seems to understand (or wants to understand) even the basics. After this thread is concluded I'll stick to the James Randi Forum and others of that calibre where people appreciate a moderated environment.

Your post on the other forum seems a reasonable question, and it can be answered quite easily. Why don't you make it here?  

I'll delete this post after a day or so, because it's off topic.


I'd like you to join in the discussion at my forum muso.

Unlike many, you can construct a post intelligently.

My forum needs a few more voices and yours is one one that will disagree with the mainly right wing element there (which is mostly me  :-) ).  

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:40am
Thanks for the offer DT. Although the Left side of politics seems to be more enthusiastic about doing something about Climate Change, I don't sit very comfortably with Left Wing thinking in general.

I'd describe myself as a Centrist. I used to vote Liberal consistently when the Libs were more Centrist in policy. Nowadays, I'd probably waste my vote rather than vote for a political party.

I am a great believer in recognition of personal effort and have little time for welfare. I'm also a capitalist, and proud of it.

I think that Marxist Socialism can be cured, a bit like that other adolescent scourge - pimples.  

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by deepthought on Nov 8th, 2009 at 8:02am

muso wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:40am:
Thanks for the offer DT. Although the Left side of politics seems to be more enthusiastic about doing something about Climate Change, I don't sit very comfortably with Left Wing thinking in general.

I'd describe myself as a Centrist. I used to vote Liberal consistently when the Libs were more Centrist in policy. Nowadays, I'd probably waste my vote rather than vote for a political party.

I am a great believer in recognition of personal effort and have little time for welfare. I'm also a capitalist, and proud of it.

I think that Marxist Socialism can be cured, a bit like that other adolescent scourge - pimples.  


The we will probably find much common ground, though not in the area of 'climate change'.  I am a proud denialist on many fronts.

But join up, you will find me a worthy opponent if debating is your fancy.

It won't cost a cent, it is painless and calorie free.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:05am
The jovial Monk here is either Deepshit or LOW_IQ. Ad hominem is their game. I wouldn't join Deepshit's baord if it was the only left. Deepshit is a forum wrecker.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:21am

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:05am:
The jovial Monk here is either Deepshit or LOW_IQ. Ad hominem is their game. I wouldn't join Deepshit's baord if it was the only left. Deepshit is a forum wrecker.


It might be  LOW_IQ because DT has a different style. I guess you've seen my very pedantic moderation in Environment.  I'm not going to let it become a haven for  flaming.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:36am
Good on you, muso!

I would like that monk avatar removed please, the thieves stole it from here:

www.jovialmonk.com.au

which is the website for my shop.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:58am
Darwin,

I don't have access to the Admin controls. Besides, if you right click on the image, you'll see that it's remote hosted at :

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s349/IQSRLOW/images.jpg

It's Photobucket you would need to contact, but I don't like your chances. I think you can report it at least.

Good luck. If the artwork is original and copyrighted then you might have some luck depending on how far you want to take it. I take it that you have a statutory declaration that the image is your original artwork and witnessed by a JP of your State.


Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by skippy on Nov 8th, 2009 at 11:41am
So if it comes from iqsrlow photo bucket there is a good chance  the jovial monk  imposter is iqsrlow who is banned from here.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:20pm
Gee, Deepshit & LOW_IQ are pretty cavalier about other forums rules, eh?

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:27pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:20pm:
Gee, Deepshit & LOW_IQ are pretty cavalier about other forums rules, eh?


I don't know what your history with Deepthought is, and I might be speaking out of turn, but on the face of it,  I'd say that you owe him an apology for making a false accusation against him.




Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:48pm
What false accusation?

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 1:24pm
Oh yeah, and as for mature discussion LOW_IQ doesn't have a brain and Deepshit twitters on about "global warming gods" so good luck with that!

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:48pm:
What false accusation?


The one about the image. It now looks as if it was IQSRLOW who was responsible. I don't doubt that DT would have kept you guessing though.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:38pm
DT has stolen it, and other of my images. No surprises that his bum buddy aped him.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 3:38pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:38pm:
DT has stolen it, and other of my images. No surprises that his bum buddy aped him.


Where did he use it ? Do you have a link?

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 3:57pm
www.polanimal.com/polanimal

But it is down ATM, Deepshit should get a real server to host his forum.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:03pm
Works for me, you slow witted turd

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:07pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 3:57pm:
www.polanimal.com/polanimal

But it is down ATM, Deepshit should get a real server to host his forum.


It's not down. It just has a DNS problem like this one did.  You can access it via a proxy, and if you mean he's using it as an avatar, he isn't.

Try accessing using www.downwithblocks.com as a proxy.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:25pm
I had to use proxys when OP/PA had DNS problems.

BTW why does your political orientation matter when discussing Global Warming? It is a science issue. . .

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:29pm
If were just a science issue then there would be facts and evidence...there is none that conclusively ties man to CO2 level, hence it has become politicised and leftwhingers happen to like the leninist overtones that it will bring.

They have basically figure out a way to tax air at a huge cost and little to no gain.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:38pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:25pm:
I had to use proxys when OP/PA had DNS problems.

BTW why does your political orientation matter when discussing Global Warming? It is a science issue. . .


Of course it is. Unfortunately our little abnoxious friend doesn't have the capacity to understand the science.  

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:41pm
Your little crusade is based on faith and you know it  ;D

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:51pm
The IPCC is a religious order?

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:57pm
This summer is going to be a killer. If you have aged relatives better think how they can survive the summer.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:01pm
Only in SA and no one gives a bugger about SA

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:03pm
Hmmmm not just a denier. A total clueless idiot.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:05pm
I agree. Jovial Monk is a downright complete smacking moron

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:08pm
If you have older relatives, parent/grandparents, aunties why not have a look and see whether they will be alright in a killer summer?

The sun is becoming more active right now and the whole Pacific ocean is warm. dunno if it will be an El Nino or not but anyone can see this summer will be literally a killer.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by mantra on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:13pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:08pm:
The sun is becoming more active right now and the whole Pacific ocean is warm. dunno if it will be an El Nino or not but anyone can see this summer will be literally a killer.


Don't say that. It's been so lovely and cool in NSW - one hot day in 6 months. I thought we were experiencing a global cooling phase.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:13pm
Why bother? If they die then it will be a better outcome for the AGW proponents- less nasty CO2 being produced so the temp should drop

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by deepthought on Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm
Darwin loves to tell porkies muso, but never provides any evidence.

If he tried to it would only reveal all the lies he tells.


Join up at PA muso.  Darwin is not there, though he has been invited he is afraid to debate people, prefering to tell lies about them from afar.

The PA outage was a DDOS attack on the network which, as you rightly said, still permitted access to the server via another path of the web.


Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:11pm

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:36am:
Good on you, muso!

I would like that monk avatar removed please, the thieves stole it from here:

www.jovialmonk.com.au

which is the website for my shop.



Now you'll appreciate why I'm so secretive about my own identity. I once assisted somebody identify what he thought were meteorites. Unfortunately they were meteowrongs, but he was not impressed with my appraisal to the extent of making death threats against me and (worse) my family.  

I haven't heard from him in 3 years, so maybe I've finally managed to shake him.  

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:12pm

mantra wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:13pm:

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:08pm:
The sun is becoming more active right now and the whole Pacific ocean is warm. dunno if it will be an El Nino or not but anyone can see this summer will be literally a killer.


Don't say that. It's been so lovely and cool in NSW - one hot day in 6 months. I thought we were experiencing a global cooling phase.


Well, we are having a heat wave in November. . .expect NSW to as well.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:25pm

deepthought wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm:
Join up at PA muso.  Darwin is not there, though he has been invited he is afraid to debate people, prefering to tell lies about them from afar.


I don't really have time for another Forum. As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here.

The only posts I deleted were ad-hominems, which didn't add to the argument. I don't delete arguments that I disagree with, but otherwise, it can get fairly heated at times.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:30pm
I've seen you launch plenty of ad hom attacks on climate scientists that disagree with you. Why didn't you delete yourself?

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by deepthought on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:30pm

muso wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:25pm:

deepthought wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm:
Join up at PA muso.  Darwin is not there, though he has been invited he is afraid to debate people, prefering to tell lies about them from afar.


I don't really have time for another Forum. As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here.

The only posts I deleted were ad-hominems, which didn't add to the argument. I don't delete arguments that I disagree with, but it can get fairly heated at times.


Alter ego?

I have posted nothing about climate change muso.

I don't debate here as the moderation (by freediver) is arbitrary and forum security is a joke.

I post only via proxy server, it is too dangerous to do otherwise.

freediver trawls through IPs to try to match them on other forums so I protect my postings.

A pity we can not discuss this but you have your reasons and I have mine about posting here regularly anymore.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:50pm

Quote:
Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Janet, even Lord Monckton shouldn't even bother with the pretence of science and just admit the currency of their prescription for inaction has all the legitimacy of a roulette wheel.

That is the simplest premise upon which the scepticism of Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Alan, Janet and even Lord Monckton is based. They cling to that single premise like a polar bear clings to a melting iceberg.

Without that premise, their scepticism is sunk. Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Janet and the Thatcherite Lord Monckton are betting the house on that simple premise that the cost of not acting is nothing.

Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Janet - stop gambling with our future.


Only one premise!

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by Jovial Monk on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:54pm

[quote="Rupert Murdoch"]"If Rudd thinks we can set an example for the rest of the world with a cap-and-trade system on greenhouse gas emissions - the ETS - all it would do is push up the cost of living in Australia and the rest of the world will laugh," he said.[/quote]

Only one truth!

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by DARWIN on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:56pm
bwahahaha rupert the emporer of an empire in decline!

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:36am

Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:56pm:
bwahahaha rupert the emporer of an empire in decline!


A Carbon Tax would work better than emissions trading. As I've said before, emissions trading is too prone to abuse.

Malcolm Turnbull has quite a plausible position on this. If he had caucus support, I think the Libs could have come up with a better scheme than the ALP.

I've seen the ALP's Department of Climate Change in action in Canberra, and wasn't too impressed. Enough said.

When you're given 2 working days to review a document that's about 140 pages long, it shows how much they are rushing headlong into this and making mistakes along the way.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by skippy on Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:39am

Quote:
As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here


;D

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by deepthought on Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:14am

wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:39am:

Quote:
As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here


;D



I feel sure muso will correct his statement.

I post only as deepthought.

Title: Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Post by muso on Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:29am

deepthought wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:14am:

wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:39am:

Quote:
As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here


;D



I feel sure muso will correct his statement.

I post only as deepthought.


I had my suspicions and I was gauging your reaction. I don't have any evidence that contradicts your statement, and judging by posts on other forums, I tend to believe you.

Australian Politics Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2026. All Rights Reserved.